'21 GA RB Cody Brown

Can't turn away players like this.
Maybe he had 2nd thoughts, because of the change. It happens.
He's 17 years old y'all.

Let things work themselves out in time.
Cody Brown makes us a better team imo.

If he doesn’t want to be here, yes you turn him away.

No, tell him I'm sorry you feel that way. You don't act like a cuck and pretend you didn't want him
it’s a bad look to not release players from an NLI at this point. The sport is moving more and more player friendly, and any perception that you are holding kids hostage by their decision to teach them an old school life ain’t always fair lesson, is not a great one

it’s a bad look to not release players from an NLI at this point. The sport is moving more and more player friendly, and any perception that you are holding kids hostage by their decision to teach them an old school life ain’t always fair lesson, is not a great one
Does anyone know if he actually has asked out? If not, then let's just see what happens. Not that hard at all.

True and you don’t want a disgruntled player either. Also, with the portal and the point Austin Price made about him not fitting in then it’s best to free up the spot for a transfer posit of need. We have plenty of good RBs.

Reminder: there is no "Heupel system" that people do or do not fit in. His philosophy is looking at the personnel and designing plays around those players to put them in the right spot. This kid can be successful here still, no doubt.

Exactly. Some posters are too busy making stuff up to grasp what you posted.

Yes, that is exactly what he has done at every stop because he has a clear understanding of offense and how to put players in position to succeed.

Reminder: there is no "Heupel system" that people do or do not fit in. His philosophy is looking at the personnel and designing plays around those players to put them in the right spot. This kid can be successful here still, no doubt.

This was the best thing I heard at his press conference. He finds a way to use players strengths not make players fit into his strength.....

This was the best thing I heard at his press conference. He finds a way to use players strengths not make players fit into his strength.....

Butch says: Won't work.

Butch also said he wanted a McDonalds kind of team. Wait, wha...

He will undoubtedly recruit players of a certain ilk... he can say it’s not a system and we can assume “there are no, non-system fits” but he will have a prototype he’s looking for at each position! It’s what he knows, nothing wrong with that!

He will undoubtedly recruit players of a certain ilk... he can say it’s not a system and we can assume “there are no, non-system fits” but he will have a prototype he’s looking for at each position! It’s what he knows, nothing wrong with that!

I think all the really good coaches recruit players of a certain ilk so to speak. Look at Bama. When’s the last time Bama had a 6’4 or 6’5 WR? Or a small scat back? Not saying Heupel is Saban but I think most HCs have an idea of what type of player fits their specific style.

Every coach says they call plays to their roster. He might be more slightly adaptive the first year, but I guarantee you will be able to see what he wants to run through who he recruits.

I think all the really good coaches recruit players of a certain ilk so to speak. Look at Bama. When’s the last time Bama had a 6’4 or 6’5 WR? Or a small scat back? Not saying Heupel is Saban but I think most HCs have an idea of what type of player fits their specific style.
Exactly. We won't run whatever the "offense" was that we had be recruiting to. We will start working to what made Heupel successful. We probably won't go full Miss St with Mike Leach, but we will be throwing it way more, spreading it out, and start speeding up the tempo (which Heupel should).

Correct... so no matter what he says about using the players he has... Cody brown wasn’t gonna get much run... Cody brown doesn’t fit the “no Huepel system”

Julio Jones and Kenyan Drake

VN Store

Back