'21 GA RB Cody Brown

This kid runs with power. Remember how we used to do that?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Simonton seems to think we want the Evans kid more than Cody

Zach Evans? He's WAY better lol. I like Brown a lot, and I would love to have him in this class, but he's in no way in the same category as Evans. That's a very solid grinder vs a game-changing talent. Unfair comparison.

What Simonton said...

โ€œYes. Talking about Tiyon Evans. He's a guy this staff - Graham, Chaney - covets hard. They like Brown, too. But they think Evans is a plug-and-play guy who could help them on Day 1 in 2021.โ€

What Simonton said...

โ€œYes. Talking about Tiyon Evans. He's a guy this staff - Graham, Chaney - covets hard. They like Brown, too. But they think Evans is a plug-and-play guy who could help them on Day 1 in 2021.โ€
Could this not just be staff thinking more about immediate play than down the road? Evans is JUCO.

We lose Chandler, Jordan, CFA after this year. Assuming we don't get ZE, then we have Gray and 3 sophomores, maybe 2 or 1 by then. Evans could be an immediate guy to pair with Gray, compared to a true freshman CB.

Just a thought. I think if we get ZE, then that shifts toward CB/the long play.

Reactions: volfaninpa
When it comes to recruiting offensive skill talent, who would you trust- yourself or Graham and Chaney?
Well that depends on how many MJ's he has taken and may even break it down to what strain he had. If it was sativa or indica, or a hybrid. Was it green or purple or orange. What kind of Terps did it have, did it smell like skunk or juicy fruit gum. Was it regular or exotic. High price or low price.
As it turns out there is alot to consider these days when deciding how many MJ's he had taken.
I trust the coaches evals of course. Both of those RBS could help us, just Evand would be able to right away. How many years does Evan's have to play?

Just not sure how you turn Cody Brown down if he wants in. Chances are, Whitehead is not gonna stick at RB, and will go to FB or LB. Like...we're going to have room for both. Zach Evans is probably not going to happen. Can't assume he will anyways. Don't know. I trust the staff. Just would much rather have this kid on our side.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Just not sure how you turn Cody Brown down if he wants in. Chances are, Whitehead is not gonna stick at RB, and will go to FB or LB. Like...we're going to have room for both. Zach Evans is probably not going to happen. Can't assume he will anyways. Don't know. I trust the staff. Just would much rather have this kid on our side.
By the time Brown signs, Evans will be enrolled somewhere.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas

VN Store

Back