'21 GA RB Cody Brown

He ran through our defense in the playoffs. 4* guys like Rashad Torrence were just bouncing off of him. He had over 200 yards, and no one else really ran the ball on Marietta this year. We played the leading rusher in the state in the 2nd round and he had like 20 yards on 15 carries till the 4th qtr. It was just good Parkview couldn't stop Bailey.

Let’s not act like Bailey was dropping bombs. He had about 4 or 5 downfield completions. The rest were catch-and-runs by #2 or #7 or the checkdowns to the running back. If there was anyone Parkview couldn’t stop, it was Arik Gilbert.

Let’s not act like Bailey was dropping bombs. He had about 4 or 5 downfield completions. The rest were catch-and-runs by #2 or #7 or the checkdowns to the running back. If there was anyone Parkview couldn’t stop, it was Arik Gilbert.
Fine by us. JG probably couldn’t even make the check down passes correctly

Lilburn (Ga.) Parkview Top247 running back Cody Brown accepted an invitation to play in the 2021 edition of the Polynesian Bowl on Tuesday. Brown has never been to Hawaii before. “I’m extremely excited,” Brown told 247Sports. “It’s a once and a lifetime opportunity. I have always wanted to play in this game. The idea of it is really cool. You get to go over there and learn about the culture there, but you also get to play football there.”

“I’m definitely ready to put on for my school and to put my school on the map,” Brown said. “That’s something that I’m really looking forward to.”
On the recruiting front, Brown claims that things remain wide open.

“There are still a lot of schools on my radar,” Brown explained. “I haven’t really narrowed things down.”
Brown was at Georgia, Auburn and Tennessee in January. Dell McGee is leading the charge for the Bulldogs “It’s close to home,” Brown said when asked about UGA. “It’s a really good school both with academics and athletics.”

Brown isn’t sure when he will return to Athens, but he did say that he wants to know more about new offensive coordinator Todd Monken’s system.
“I’m really interested to see what they are going to do not just at running back, but with the entire offense.”

The Volunteers’ six-game win streak to close out this past season is keeping Jeremy Pruitt’s program in the mix. “I really like what they have going on there,” Brown said. “I think they are on the come up. They have something special going on.”

Gus Malzahn and the Tigers however might have the best relationship with Brown. “They are not only great coaches, but great men,” Brown noted. “It’s a really great community with a great campus and you know the energy at Auburn is great. Repeatedly every time I go it’s the same energy and the coaches are really consistent. It’s a really cool place.”

Brown also mentioned Ohio State as a school program that could receive a visit from him at some point in the near future. It doesn’t sound like a commitment will be coming anytime soon. “I don’t really have an idea yet, I’m going to be thinking about a timeline,” Brown said.

- Andrew Ivins, 247

Gus Malzahn and the Tigers however might have the best relationship with Brown. “They are not only great coaches, but great men,” Brown noted.

Gross

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back