'21 GA RB Cody Brown

His style of play we are missing in what Pruitt wants to do on O and you throw in the amazing TE Recruits coming in. Missing really good TE play as well. Coach P style of play starting to take shape. i believe between Bailey and Salter we have our QB.
Really is an indictment on how bare the cupboard was left.

I personally think we are slow at LB.

Really is an indictment on how bare the cupboard was left.

I personally think we are slow at LB.
11 alot faster than last year the problem is we are trying to transition players to lb ie crouch and banks. our coverage is for **** because do not know reads and the star position on the slot receiver is a joke right now. he is giving up inside position and is too far off and can not make up ground tight ends and slot receivers are having a field day

Reactions: Helton1
I was a believer in Banks. I think the move to Morven Joseph will be a Wally Phipps/Lou Gehrig move.

I was a believer in Banks. I think the move to Morven Joseph will be a Wally Phipps/Lou Gehrig move.
Just like Elijah Simmons, Morven is one recruit I have extra hope for.

I don’t think so with Henry T, Crouch and Banks and any others OLB’s getting reps. All three are athletic. The most important factors for any LB is instincts, mentality and work ethnic.
HT definitely isn't slow....he just looks slow sometimes....it's weird. but he made a few plays in the UK game that had me like "yeah, he's faster than he gets credit for"....football speed.

as for banks and Crouch, neither are slow. but i wouldln't call them fast, not like leonard little or raynock fast anyway....as they continue to get more comfortable in the defense and understanding everything that goes on around them, they'll play faster and faster.

agree bout the react part. there was a play in the MO game where Crouch was a half a step late in reacting to the TE who came out on a route. he was there, but he wasn't. the TE if you remember, is pretty tall, and he just didn't need a ton of speration to be open and bezalik threw high where his TE could get it, and it still be out of reach for the covering LB, crouch.

and it wasn't necessarily that crouch was in "bad" position....but against that bigger TE, that half step made the difference....a poor throw or a better size match up, he maybe sitll makes a play on the ball......but that's the difference at this level of college football.

HT definitely isn't slow....he just looks slow sometimes....it's weird. but he made a few plays in the UK game that had me like "yeah, he's faster than he gets credit for"....football speed.

as for banks and Crouch, neither are slow. but i wouldln't call them fast, not like leonard little or raynock fast anyway....as they continue to get more comfortable in the defense and understanding everything that goes on around them, they'll play faster and faster.

agree bout the react part. there was a play in the MO game where Crouch was a half a step late in reacting to the TE who came out on a route. he was there, but he wasn't. the TE if you remember, is pretty tall, and he just didn't need a ton of speration to be open and bezalik threw high where his TE could get it, and it still be out of reach for the covering LB, crouch.

and it wasn't necessarily that crouch was in "bad" position....but against that bigger TE, that half step made the difference....a poor throw or a better size match up, he maybe sitll makes a play on the ball......but that's the difference at this level of college football.
I agree....right now Crouch and Banks have to think then react.....hopefully sooner rather than later the thinking is removed from the equation.

I've seen him play 5 or 6 times and he has vision, elusiveness, and speed to be a player. I hear the knock on his speed, but I've seen him break several long runs and have yet to see him caught from behind.
I want to see a running back that can turn 8 yard runs into 15 yard runs before I'm worried about running backs busting 50 yard runs.

I want to see a running back that can turn 8 yard runs into 15 yard runs before I'm worried about running backs busting 50 yard runs.
i remember when jet sweeps were blown up for 10 yard loss bc we had 1 back, who could turn a corner.

Leonard Scott was PR, and he was a track guy.

Tee Hodge. You are right the bigger guys look slow just like Derrick Henry does not look fast but he outruns NFL defenses on the regular. Do what I do and just look at long runs and see if they are getting run down from behind in high school. If they are getting run down in high school then you can dismiss them early and easily. Just be careful about angles, getting caught by a player taking a great angle is not the same as getting run down from behind.

Derrick Henry looks fast.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Gotten faster? He has been fast... Here is how you know if a running back is fast, you look at their film and see if they ever get run down from behind. I don't mean caught by someone talking a great angle but ran down from behind. I was honestly confused by people on here saying he was not fast enough. I never seen him get caught from behind in 7A Georgia football. That kid from Maryville got caught from behind every time he had the football. That is how I know he will never play.
Breakaway speed is great...but no necessary. Don't count out Hodge.
And yeah Cody looked like he was 4.7 ...4 6? Last year. He didn't get caught, but he wasn't separating either. He looks noticeably faster this season. 4.5 legit probably which is NFL RB speed. Kamara ran 4.51? Pro Day

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Breakaway speed is great...but no necessary. Don't count out Hodge.
And yeah Cody looked like he was 4.7 ...4 6? Last year. He didn't get caught, but he was separating either. He looks noticeably faster this season. 4.5 legit probably which is NFL RB speed. Kamara ran 4.51? Pro Day
I counted out Hodge completely. He will never play a down at UT at the RB position. Cody Brown was fast last year. He has always been fast. He plays 7A Georgia football and never gets caught from behind. Hodge played in Tennessee against scrubs and got caught from behind every time he ran the football.

I counted out Hodge completely. He will never play a down at UT at the RB position. Cody Brown was fast last year. He has always been fast. He plays 7A Georgia football and never gets caught from behind. Hodge played in Tennessee against scrubs and got caught from behind every time he ran the football.

That's extreme hyperbole. I'm not saying Hodge will be a starter at RB, but he has a 9 minute highlight video of him scoring long touchdowns and not getting chased down. So it certainly wasn't him being caught every time he ran the ball.

VN Store

Back