'21 GA RB Cody Brown

Im usually not great at comparisons but I keep seeing a slightly bigger Ahman Green when I watch this dudes highlights. Green was one of my favorites growing up, hope Brown can have that kind of career as well.

The shoulder pads? They certainly made everyone look bigger. I'm sure humans are made just the same 😁
Shoulders need protection, too

811292a1d4f7cd6ea009ecce9e730036.jpg

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Loved Married with Children, but no man in the world would turn down Peg like Al did most of the time
Married with children is one of my favorites of all time..... as for peg..... you are looking at her from the vantage point of being a sexy woman..... he was looking at her as being a wife.... huge difference lol

It's ridiculous how underrated he is. I think he's capable of putting down a 4.5 in the 40...and if they had been able to hold camps and he did that, the recruiting services would've scrambled to give him a fifth star. He's got everything you want in a back.

It's ridiculous how underrated he is. I think he's capable of putting down a 4.5 in the 40...and if they had been able to hold camps and he did that, the recruiting services would've scrambled to give him a fifth star. He's got everything you want in a back.
Except that he’s a TN commit. Huge strike in the eyes of recruiting services.

Frame: Thick and powerful back. Put together is an understatement. Will need to monitor weight in college if anything, certainly won’t need to pack on any more.

Athleticism: What he lacks in top-end speed he makes up for with short-area quickness. Carries defenders along with him down the field. Contact balance is superb due to his tree trunks for legs. Throws the shot put and discus, further emphasizing his power.

Instincts: He’s a one-cut back, though he has good vision. Runs with patience behind the line of scrimmage to allow for blockers to get set up. Protects the football when in traffic which shows spatial awareness.

Polish: Will need to find another gear to remain a big-play threat on the next level. Doesn’t run away from defenders in the secondary, but doesn’t have to at this point. Will add immediate threat in goal-line situations. Also prepared for SEC workload physically.

Bottom Line: Defensive backs don’t want to tackle Brown on routine. You can see defenders making “business decisions” more often than not. It’s going to take more than one defender to tackle him, but he will be run down from behind in the SEC. Projects as a productive early-down back with short-yardage and goal-line value.

SI All-American Candidate Cody Brown Highlights and Evaluation

VN Store

Back