'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Both are good prospects at their position but I'm leaning towards wanting Horn more because of the competition he plays and I'm sure his stock will continue to rise. Simpson wanted to be the lone QB we recruited but is seriously courting other programs. I'd be happy with either, but prefer Horn. Kid absolutely wants to be here but looking like the staff is shooting their shot with Simpson.

Although I think we couldnt go wrong with either Simpson or Horn, I wonder if the staff takes whatever guy wants to pull the trigger first?

I just hope we take whoever wants to be here the most. Reading a article on Rivals, sounds like this kid grew up a fan had family go to school here similar to another post I read on here about T Lawrence grew up a fan. I just hope we don’t miss on Simpson or Horn like some others in the past.

New highlight video. He did state in an interview recently that he is planning on playing both sports in college. He isn't going to just choose baseball or football. He is a shortstop and P.

Vol

His team won their region and play Alpharetta in the first rd. They got a pretty easy draw and a pretty good shot at the quarters if not semi finals.

I want a QB that wants to be here. I think Horn wants to be here more so than Simpson. All and all I would be happy with either one.

The #1 overall QB in the 2020 class was committed to USC until September 22 and then flipped and signed with Bama on Dec 18.

Reactions: butchna
I want a QB that wants to be here. I think Horn wants to be here more so than Simpson. All and all I would be happy with either one.

Agree completely. Either one would be great. It does seem like Horn wants to be here. And I haven’t heard any rumblings about he wants to be THE guy in the 22 class. Horns film looks good and he does play tougher competition. His stats are also better than Simpsons.

Reactions: shane80
4th qtr 8:03 left
Sam Horn's line tonight: 18-for-28 passing, 286 yards, 6 TDs against Dobbs old school.
Once again, why is Ty Simpson this can’t Miss, generational type prospect when this kid is a slam dunk as long as we prioritize him?? And it’s not home State... Martin, TN is 5 hours 11 minutes from Knoxville. Suwanee, Georgia is 3 hours 28 minutes. Peer recruiting shouldn’t make a difference. Ty isn’t THAT close with James, Horton, Hayden, etc. Horn has a 5 star corner as his teammate.

Last edited:
Once again, why is Ty Simpson this can’t Miss, generational type prospect when this kid is a slam dunk as long as we prioritize him?? And it’s not home State... Martin, TN is 5 hours 11 minutes from Knoxville. Suwanee, Georgia is 3 hours 28 minutes. Peer recruiting shouldn’t make a difference. Ty isn’t THAT close with James, Horton, Hayden, etc. Horn has a 5 star corner as his teammate.
Might end up playing baseball.

Agreed. I would take a QB dominating in Georgia’s toughest region over a QB doing really well in Tennessee any day of the week. It’s just night and day competition.

Also, why is nobody putting up Simpson’s stats? Is he just not playing this year? If not why?

VN Store

Back