'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Some of y’all are forgetting that Simpson’s team isn’t very good, that doesn’t mean he isn’t a great player.

Harrison Bailey had exceptional WRs on his high school team so it’s a bit unfair to judge Simpson on a few highlights.
It’s literally based on an entire season of highlights for me, for both players. Horn just has a much stronger looking arm. The ball gets there quicker and very accurately. Simpson seems to put more air under his long throws. No slight intended, but Simpson looks like a great “playground QB” but is definitely playing above his competition. His team may not be very good, but neither are the teams he’s playing against. Horn has a bit of a long outside release, kind of like a 3/4 release, which isn’t ideal, but is something that can be corrected. Again, JMO.

Plays season opener Saturday at 11am against Carrollton. It will be televised on either cbs46 in Atlanta or Peachtree TV. Carrollton will be a really tough game, I believe all 11 starters on defense have a D1 offer. Khristian Zachary is one of the Carrollton players.

Reactions: Kristy*
Rivals.com - Four-star QB Sam Horn wants to play two sports in college

"Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee and some others are up there for me right now out of the schools that have offered me. Kentucky has recently offered me to play football and baseball, so that is important to me. I have been talking to them a good bit lately too. Tennessee is the school I have family connections too, so I have always liked them a lot.

RIVALS REACTION: Horn's brother goes to school at Tennessee now, and his parents went to school in Knoxville, so the connection to the Vols are strong. With that said, it is not a slam dunk that he ends up there. His best connection is with Missouri at this time. Kentucky would likely be next. Tennessee is in there, but others are right there with the Vols, and could be higher. Clemson and Georgia are two schools on his radar as well, and he is waiting to see if those decide to offer. Baseball is going to be crucial here. He is planning to play both sports on the next level, but he is not only talking to football coaches, but baseball coaches as well, so that is something to keep an eye on as Horn moves forward.
- Rivals

I can’t imagine this kid can balance being an SEC QB and playing in SEC baseball and do both successfully. I guess that’s why he’ll probably end up at UK because they’ve offered a spot on both and there is far less pressure there, but to excel in both is beyond difficult.

I can’t imagine this kid can balance being an SEC QB and playing in SEC baseball and do both successfully. I guess that’s why he’ll probably end up at UK because they’ve offered a spot on both and there is far less pressure there, but to excel in both is beyond difficult.
Alan Cockrell did it back in the 80s for TN. Started at QB multiple years for the Vols and left his senior year to play pro MLB. One of my favorite Vols.

Reactions: OrangeShade
AR QB played both last year. Neither at an incredibly high level (but better baseball player). It’s doable if you’re talented enough.

Wonder how committed his 5 ⭐️ teammates Travis Hunter is to FSU. Dude is all over the place making play

AR QB played both last year. Neither at an incredibly high level (but better baseball player). It’s doable if you’re talented enough.
He also retired from football and is only playing baseball. He played high school ball in the town I live in.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Condredge Holloway also played both QB and Baseball very well at UT
Back in the day, elite athletes regularly played multiple sports. With the advent of 7 on 7’s and camps, that’s an outlier.

VN Store

Back