'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Rivals.com - 2022 QB Sam Horn's recruitment has taken off

“Both of my parents went to Tennessee, my brother is a student there now and my grandparents live right there in Knoxville, so I know a lot about Tennessee.”

"I was playing golf with my brother the day they offered. Before I could let anyone know, my brother had already called to tell my parents. It was a big offer and everyone was excited.”

If we want him, we get him. Literally everything is in our favor

I like Ty's mobility/ backyard football style but this kid can already make all the throws.
I will say though that backyard style works pretty well in college. Mariota, Manziel, Jackson, etc. all these guys reminded me of when I use to play backyard football and you would just run around, sling it and just make the most insane plays. Idk that’s just me I guess.

I almost question whether we have made Ty a priority. He keeps pushing a decision further out when it was once believed he may be close to jumping in the boat early. I wonder if Tennessee is waiting on him or if he is waiting on Tennessee. It wouldn't be the first time Chaney preferred someone other than the consensus, as rumor had it he preferred Haynes King to Harrison Bailey.

Of course, Haynes King profiles more similarly to Ty Simpson, so it may be nothing amd Tennessee still prefers Simpson as their '22 guy.

I almost question whether we have made Ty a priority. He keeps pushing a decision further out when it was once believed he may be close to jumping in the boat early. I wonder if Tennessee is waiting on him or if he is waiting on Tennessee. It wouldn't be the first time Chaney preferred someone other than the consensus, as rumor had it he preferred Haynes King to Harrison Bailey.

Of course, Haynes King profiles more similarly to Ty Simpson, so it may be nothing amd Tennessee still prefers Simpson as their '22 guy.

Could you imagine the outrage on here if we took King over Bailey and HB still got a 5th while King got a 3.

If Simpson commits after his junior season, he’ll fit right into the same timeline Harrison Bailey followed.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
If Simpson commits after his junior season, he’ll fit right into the same timeline Harrison Bailey followed.
I'm not meaning to suggest that the staff is rushing Simpson into a commitment or putting on heat. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm more wondering if the staff might be more than content with him holding off as they evaluate other QBs they haven't had a chance to because of COVID-19. Maybe he isn't Tennessee's clear-cut QB preference, after all?

I'm not meaning to suggest that the staff is rushing Simpson into a commitment or putting on heat. Quite the opposite, actually. I'm more wondering if the staff might be more than content with him holding off as they evaluate other QBs they haven't had a chance to because of COVID-19. Maybe he isn't Tennessee's clear-cut QB preference, after all?
More addressing the contingent on here utilizing the “shizz or get off the pot” mentality. I think the likelihood that they would accept his commitment at any time speaks for itself.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If he wants in, I don’t think they’ll wait for Ty.

This kid is good. Very similar to Trevor Lawrence as a passer but not as big or athletic

I think they’ll take 2 QBs next class but if Horn commits it may scare off Simpson.

If he wants in, I don’t think they’ll wait for Ty.

This kid is good. Very similar to Trevor Lawrence as a passer but not as big or athletic

I think they’ll take 2 QBs next class but if Horn commits it may scare off Simpson.
Horn and Martin
Martin redshirts his freshman year, and I’d say by his RS Soph. year he focuses solely on baseball. Just me. That give us a class or two to get a couple more.

Horn and Martin
Martin redshirts his freshman year, and I’d say by his RS Soph. year he focuses solely on baseball. Just me. That give us a class or two to get a couple more.
Martin or Braden Davis were my thoughts, too. Someone who is athletic enough to play another position if QB doesn't work out in the mold of a Jauan Jennings or Jimmy Holiday.

More addressing the contingent on here utilizing the “shizz or get off the pot” mentality. I think the likelihood that they would accept his commitment at any time speaks for itself.

That seems sort of like the Clemson way if doing things. If that’s what Pruitt and staff are doing then I am ok with that.

Martin or Braden Davis were my thoughts, too. Someone who is athletic enough to play another position if QB doesn't work out in the mold of a Jauan Jennings or Jimmy Holiday.
I’m just glad instate is stocked at the skill positions. Simpson, James, Horton, the RB from Oak Ridge will be good, etc. I’m glad we will have a lot to choose from as well as QB’s. That’s another thing....we’re starting to recruit and land big time QB’s finally.

About the same as recruiting WR’s in the first place with those two examples.

About the same as recruiting WR’s in the first place with those two examples.
That's probably true for Holiday, but Jennings was the #6 DT QB in his class. Would have been interesting to see if he could have cut it in a system designed for him.

That's probably true for Holiday, but Jennings was the #6 DT QB in his class. Would have been interesting to see if he could have cut it in a system designed for him.
He was never going to be a QB. tOSU wanted him at DB. The reason we landed him was because we did the Randall Cobb lip service. Speaking of which, Kentucky would have been the perfect system for him as a QB...doing what they did with Lynn Bowden. We’ll never run that.

Reactions: escapegoat2
He was never going to be a QB. tOSU wanted him at DB. The reason we landed him was because we did the Randall Cobb lip service. Speaking of which, Kentucky would have been the perfect system for him as a QB...doing what they did with Lynn Bowden. We’ll never run that.
Agree about the UK angle. We were never going to run him at QB, but in the right system, like you mentioned, he could have been effective. To me, he's a better player than Bowden. Not as fast, but bigger, stronger, and has to be a better passer...lol.

VN Store

Back