'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

If he’s so good why is Missouri the top school pursuing him? Something doesn’t add up here at all.
His offer list isn't Ty Simpson's, but it isn't awful for a kid who has played less than 3 years of football and missed the camp circuit between his SO and JR year. I have a feeling COVID is going to let a lot of kids slip thru the cracks who would have otherwise gotten recognition had things been as usual over the past year.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
These kids don’t go to the MLB directly anymore.

If Mo Hampton or Jerrion Ealy didn’t go straight to MLB, neither will he. Especially if he has the chance to be “the guy” at his dream school.
High school kids sign every year. Not saying he will, but it’s not an extinct process. And I wonder about the “dream school” thing. His family has history with UT...so did Trevor Lawrence’s. Feels like a lot of Vol fan projection that may or may not be true. If this is our QB, I’m as psyched as the next fan but I’m always on the lookout for the NEXT Vol fan Lawrence/Howell fan fiction if he doesn’t end up in Knoxville.

His offer list isn't Ty Simpson's, but it isn't awful for a kid who has played less than 3 years of football and missed the camp circuit between his SO and JR year. I have a feeling COVID is going to let a lot of kids slip thru the cracks who would have otherwise gotten recognition had things been as usual over the past year.
More to the camp aspect, imo. The egghead judges in that sham pageant have way too much sway and talent gets missed.

Once again, why is Ty Simpson this can’t Miss, generational type prospect when this kid is a slam dunk as long as we prioritize him?? And it’s not home State... Martin, TN is 5 hours 11 minutes from Knoxville. Suwanee, Georgia is 3 hours 28 minutes. Peer recruiting shouldn’t make a difference. Ty isn’t THAT close with James, Horton, Hayden, etc. Horn has a 5 star corner as his teammate.

Because we haven't had a home grown talented QB since 50-60 yrs probably. I can't remember one that was a highly rated QB thatall schools wanted.

Because we haven't had a home grown talented QB since 50-60 yrs probably. I can't remember one that was a highly rated QB thatall schools wanted.

So he is can’t miss because he is an instate guy? Lol. The only thing Ty can do better is scramble. Take Horn and let Ty go wherever he wants. And he can take Weinke with him.

Horns hometown is almost 2 hours closer to Knoxville than Simpsons.

Simpson is actually closer to Alabama, both Mississippi schools and Kentucky than he is UT

Playing against 4* Aaron Mclaughlin. Up 10-0 in 2nd qtr. Horn has a 29 yard td run. Probably not going to have a big passing night. The person covering the game says the weather is terrible and high winds.

So he is can’t miss because he is an instate guy? Lol. The only thing Ty can do better is scramble. Take Horn and let Ty go wherever he wants. And he can take Weinke with him.

I didn't say he's a can't miss cause he's an in state guy. That's the reason why everyone wants him in Orange. I could care less where a recruit is from. Most "fans" want him for that reason is my speculation.

VN Store

Back