'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Blake11367: How much dialogue has we had with Sam Horn? How does he feel knowing he is the 2nd choice behind simpson?

Callahan: There has been some dialogue, but I wouldn’t say Tennessee has turned up the heat on Horn just yet. We’ll have to wait and see how Horn feels about that, if the Vols ultimately have to move on to other options. But right now they’re focused mostly on Simpson. They at least have reached out to Horn, though, so the lines of communication at least are open more so than they were with Horn and UT’s previous staff.

If Simpson doesn't come with us, we'll see if Horn likes being considered only as an after thought, or if he'll go some place that has always wanted him.

If Simpson doesn't come with us, we'll see if Horn likes being considered only as an after thought, or if he'll go some place that has always wanted him.
I would be recruiting both as hard as I could. Take the first one and both if they understand they will have to fight for the job; not only with each other but also with the current QBs on the team. We need competition at every position.

I would be recruiting both as hard as I could. Take the first one and both if they understand they will have to fight for the job; not only with each other but also with the current QBs on the team. We need competition at every position.

Completely agree. If JH isn’t really recruiting Horn then he is making a huge mistake.

The only way I can see it making sense for him to not put the full court press on Horn is if he's gotten some good news about Simpson, which in my opinion, I think he has

That’s what I have been thinking as well. I mean Horn seems to love TN and is just as talented as Ty imo. So it would seem the only sensible reason is like you said, good news about TY. I mean what other option makes sense?

That’s what I have been thinking as well. I mean Horn seems to love TN and is just as talented as Ty imo. So it would seem the only sensible reason is like you said, good news about TY. I mean what other option makes sense?

The option that the staff doesn’t currently think as highly of Horn as you do

Schaeffer would have been lethal in the spread option.
They ran the Canes offense. He sucked. He wasn’t a good passer. He could’ve played for Hugh Freeze but he wouldn’t have been the lock down starter imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoVol
Neither Alabama or Clemson want Simpson to see Heupel offense during spring ball. That’s why they have the pressure on him. Truth is both signed the two top qBs in last years class. Both are still freshman next year if they want. Neither can declare until 2023 draft. Neither school is under the gun to sign their “next QB”.

This is the last time Simpson will hold the cards. If he selects on the 19th, it’s cause he knows what he wants. And it ain’t Tennessee.

He is choosing on the 26th. It will be the Vols.

VN Store

Back