'24 GA QB Jake Merklinger (Tennessee)

According to Simmons, Michigan State and Tennessee have spent “a long time” recruiting Merklinger, who “has great relationships there.” He has visited both programs four or more times and according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, the Volunteers are leading for his commitment at 36.6%.

-ON3

Article basically list Tennessee, Michigan State, UNC, Georgia, and Clemson as the top contenders.

Clemson trying harder here now that they lost Walker White to Auburn last week. This kid and Jadyn Davis are their top two targets. Hopefully we get one of those two and they get neither.

Where have you seen they are trying harder? All I've seen is their 247 mod say they "might" turn to Merk next but isn't sure and then give credence to the idea they might punt to 2025...

Where have you seen they are trying harder? All I've seen is their 247 mod say they "might" turn to Merk next but isn't sure and then give credence to the idea they might punt to 2025...
Yeah I saw Anna on 247 mention him in multiple threads. Plus he’s visited there a handful of times and Jadyn likely headed to Michigan. So I’m assuming they’ll push for Merklinger but I guess they might not. We’ll see.

If Dabo can pull Kludnik ,then Vizzina and still be in play for a 24 QB then we should have no problem. There’s no reason that a top rated QB couldn’t get a ton of playing time as a backup true freshman.
And then a backup sophomore. And then if Nico comes back a backup junior. High profile QBs want to start

for '24. That's an entire yurr away.

Uh, yeah. He’d be just one class behind Nico. Which means he’s on the bench until Nico leaves. Most QBs don’t want to wait that long to start…which is what makes UT a tough sell to 2024 QBs. Less so to 2025 QBs.

And then a backup sophomore. And then if Nico comes back a backup junior. High profile QBs want to start

Well I guess Vizzina, Kludnik, Ty Simpson, Van Derfgriff, Stockton, MalachaI Nelson and about a dozen others must be fictional characters since they either chose to go somewhere they KNEW they would sit or have waited when they could have transferred. Hell the kid that Oregon flipped may have started at Baylor and chose to go somewhere that Nix was coming back. Some kids get good advice from coaches and private QB tutors and know it’s not necessarily best to start as a QB in big time football at age 18. Not all cases are the same. Clemson had a 5 star on campus and Vizzina committed before DJU even lost his job. We can find a QB for 2024.

Well I guess Vizzina, Kludnik, Ty Simpson, Van Derfgriff, Stockton, MalachaI Nelson and about a dozen others must be fictional characters since they either chose to go somewhere they KNEW they would sit or have waited when they could have transferred. Hell the kid that Oregon flipped may have started at Baylor and chose to go somewhere that Nix was coming back. Some kids get good advice from coaches and private QB tutors and know it’s not necessarily best to start as a QB in big time football at age 18. Not all cases are the same. Clemson had a 5 star on campus and Vizzina committed before DJU even lost his job. We can find a QB for 2024.
Sitting 1 year is different. We will be able to get a QB, nobody is saying that we won't. We just aren't getting a Jadyn Davis level perennial QB, etc.

Simpson - 1 year behind Bryce
Nelson - 1 year behind Williams
Vandagriff - was always going to Georgia
Klubnik - 1 year behind DJ
Dante - Chance to start year 1 at UCLA
Novosad - 1 year behind Moore

Someone in this class would be 2-3 years behind the #1 overall player Nico here

Sitting 1 year is different. We will be able to get a QB, nobody is saying that we won't. We just aren't getting a Jadyn Davis level perennial QB, etc.

Simpson - 1 year behind Bryce
Nelson - 1 year behind Williams
Vandagriff - was always going to Georgia
Klubnik - 1 year behind DJ
Dante - Chance to start year 1 at UCLA
Novosad - 1 year behind Moore

Someone in this class would be 2-3 years behind the #1 overall player Nico here

Vandagriff wasn’t always going to UGA. At least one parent is an Auburn alum. Is Simpson even going to be the starter at Bama? Vizzina will have to sit at least two years behind Cade or transfer. Maybe we won’t get Davis, but there Are other schools with a lot more crowded rooms than what we’ve got. I’m willing to bet that we land someone at Least Tayvens level. 4 star and top 15 at the position. Whoever it is, will be one injury away from being the starter.

Vandagriff wasn’t always going to UGA. At least one parent is an Auburn alum. Is Simpson even going to be the starter at Bama? Vizzina will have to sit at least two years behind Cade or transfer. Maybe we won’t get Davis, but there Are other schools with a lot more crowded rooms than what we’ve got. I’m willing to bet that we land someone at Least Tayvens level. 4 star and top 15 at the position. Whoever it is, will be one injury away from being the starter.
And let's see how long Vizzina is willing to sit behind Clubnik before he transfers. And Vandagriff and Stockton if Beck gets the GA QB1 position.

Vizzina is different because the schools he liked IIRC was Tennessee, Clemson, and Auburn. Tennessee got Nico and Auburn was Auburn.

And let's see how long Vizzina is willing to sit behind Clubnik before he transfers. And Vandagriff and Stockton if Beck gets the GA QB1 position.

Im hoping Vizzina sits 3 years and then transfers here. It won’t happen…… but I thought he was as talented as anyone in the class after Nico/Malachi and Holstein.

I gotta be the only person who doesn’t think Klubnik is all that good. I mean he can run but I didn’t think he looked good passing. Can always improve tho.

Interesting to see how Clemson’s offense looks now. Actually made a really good OC hire.

I gotta be the only person who doesn’t think Klubnik is all that good. I mean he can run but I didn’t think he looked good passing. Can always improve tho.

Interesting to see how Clemson’s offense looks now. Actually made a really good OC hire.

He's a FR who made 2 career starts. Way too early to judge him by that. Very rarely do FR QB's ball out in their first year. In his 2 starts he had 600 passing yards, 65% passing,81 Rushing yards. Hell he led Clemson up and down the field on our D the entire game. They just struggled in the Redzone and missed FG's. He will be a very good QB for Clemson. He looke very good passing.

VN Store

Back