'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Haha, that wasn't what happened in this argument.
I was disappointed because I saw no improvement from JG.
Yet our defense improved steadily throughout the year, regardless of QB play. It's right there in every stat and everyone saw it themselves.

This debate isn't about JG's ability, it's because some blamed him for every other loss he started but said everyone was to blame on 1 freaking game..ONE, and even that wasn't good enough.

I've been on bad QB play all season, even before it became popular.
But no, I saw what I saw on the GS game. Which was our team playing like **** before JG's 1st mistake.

👀 sheesh....don’t mind me just scrolling through leaving my own thoughts 😁👋🏽 if I was referring to your post individually I would have (@) you but, I promise. I jumped off the JG train long before you (sophomore year) to be exact.i have been a loud known critic of JG and if you’re blaming everyone for the “1 loss” you’re emphasizing about when there was one game in particular JG himself F**ked up that would have all made us and the rest of the nation forget about the bad GSU loss then you need to look at coaching first because the GSU game they all came unprepared entirely and this whole forum was saying that and that is coaching completely...so over time if they got better then it was obviously the coaching style/philosophy was getting better.😁

👀 sheesh....don’t mind me just scrolling through leaving my own thoughts 😁👋🏽 if I was referring to your post individually I would have (@) you but, I promise. I jumped off the JG train long before you (sophomore year) to be exact.i have been a loud known critic of JG and if you’re blaming everyone for the “1 loss” you’re emphasizing about when there was one game in particular JG himself F**ked up that would have all made us and the rest of the nation forget about the bad GSU loss then you need to look at coaching first because the GSU game they all came unprepared entirely and this whole forum was saying that and that is coaching completely...so over time if they got better then it was obviously the coaching style/philosophy was getting better.😁

Yeah, already pointed out the coaching too. It was kinda the centerpiece of... Haha, nm.

We just need a QB that can hit a WR in stride....and not under throw a receiver who has 5 steps on the coverage.
And run the play that was called, that paved your way into the endzone, instead of freaking out and running something else that no one knows about and failing.

Just skipped 15 pages. Let's all just agree that JG is total booty and hope HB wins the job :)

Have heard HB has looked good so far. Looking forward to seeing you all at the VN official O&W game tailgate.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My hope is that HB and BM both look really good this spring, which makes the starting job open for major competition in fall camp.

Who can look at JG's performance over several years and seriously say, "Look at all of the upside that guy has at QB"? Nobody. Are there any opponents (ever) who have schemed their D's to defend against the talents of JG? Nope. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. Instead they scheme to take full advantage of his flaws. All of it at the most important position on the field.

This program is one quality QB away from making serious noise in the elite conference in America. They have everything else because this staff knows how to develop talent and scheme for their opponents. We have serious experience coming back in the starters who are anxious to prove they are for real. We do not yet have the depth of talent level on the total roster, but the staff began getting maximum effort and performance from the lesser knowns in addition to the top talent in the second half of last season. Add the off season and S&C - they will be battle tested and ready with a handful of talented freshmen to work in.

My hope is that HB and BM both look really good this spring, which makes the starting job open for major competition in fall camp.

Who can look at JG's performance over several years and seriously say, "Look at all of the upside that guy has at QB"? Nobody. Are there any opponents (ever) who have schemed their D's to defend against the talents of JG? Nope. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. Instead they scheme to take full advantage of his flaws. All of it at the most important position on the field.

This program is one quality QB away from making serious noise in the elite conference in America. They have everything else because this staff knows how to develop talent and scheme for their opponents. We have serious experience coming back in the starters who are anxious to prove they are for real. We do not yet have the depth of talent level on the total roster, but the staff began getting maximum effort and performance from the lesser knowns in addition to the top talent in the second half of last season. Add the off season and S&C - they will be battle tested and ready with a handful of talented freshmen to work in.
This, this, and all of this! We were one quality quarterback away from possibly winning 10 games this past year. And I am not talking bad about JG or being negative about him. I was and still am grateful for his gutty performance down the stretch. However, it doesn’t change the fact that if you put a Trevor Lawrence or Tua or maybe even Jake Fromm on our offense last year, we probably win 10 games.

This, this, and all of this! We were one quality quarterback away from possibly winning 10 games this past year. And I am not talking bad about JG or being negative about him. I was and still am grateful for his gutty performance down the stretch. However, it doesn’t change the fact that if you put a Trevor Lawrence or Tua or maybe even Jake Fromm on our offense last year, we probably win 10 games.
Honestly if our QB play was of the caliber of those aforementioned guys, we probably beat GSU, BYU, Florida (or come close) and beat Alabama (especially considering we knocked Tua out the game) lol

From a poster on VQ: Bad news for TN. 😉😉

No question about Harry Bailey’s talent. But lots of speculation he’ll leave school early to take over the family Building & Loan business. Maybe a handshake deal with his brother or something. Don’t shoot the messenger. Just Henry Potter
Who’s Harry?
1583119921733.jpeg

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I came here to read about HB and realized it was the JG thread. Who knew?
Pretty much every thread turns into it because someone brings up one of his perceived deficiencies. If it's Offense, JG can't get it to A WR, can't throw a screen if it's an OL and if it is a running back, it's either he'll check into the wrong play or can't throw a swing pass. If it's a defensive player, the comments usually pertain to three and out scenarios or TOs putting the D in a bad situation. Everything is his fault and a few posters believe we should have won 10 games and that even themselves could have been better against Georgia State and BYU.

Pretty much every thread turns into it because someone brings up one of his perceived deficiencies. If it's Offense, JG can't get it to A WR, can't throw a screen if it's an OL and if it is a running back, it's either he'll check into the wrong play or can't throw a swing pass. If it's a defensive player, the comments usually pertain to three and out scenarios or TOs putting the D in a bad situation. Everything is his fault and a few posters believe we should have won 10 games and that even themselves could have been better against Georgia State and BYU.

Is that you JG?

VN Store

Back