'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Think it’s been, “would be nice to redshirt him and give a year to learn the playbook.” This would be ideal with a good junior or senior QB.
However, if he wins the job, let’s roll.

This is exactly what people have been saying. And then immediately, 4 or 5 respond with some variation of "but you have to play him if he wins the job".

Either it's inexplicably confusing or folks are just pandering. Probably a mix of the 2. 🙄

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Day 1 starter if healthy. He’s elite, guys. These types of kids, especially when EE’s, don’t redshirt UNLESS you already have an elite QB starting. We don’t. We’ve had less than average QB play since Dobbs left. If he’s healthy come September, he’s QB1.

Day 1 starter if healthy. He’s elite, guys. These types of kids, especially when EE’s, don’t redshirt UNLESS you already have an elite QB starting. We don’t. We’ve had less than average QB play since Dobbs left. If he’s healthy come September, he’s QB1.
Just watched his senior highlights, and his receivers don’t have to slow down at all on the run. Ever.

His arm is crazy, and his anticipation and ability to throw guys open in HS is great. Can’t wait to see him starting next year.

You don't roll with a QB that has not improved in 4 years on campus. If you do you get these uneven, inexplicable results. He looks the same on the field as he did when he arrived and started fall camp. Look into his eyes and how he processes what he sees. Then look at how it translates on the field. Look at how little he connects and inspires his teammates. They know. They accommodate it all because that is their only choice.

Until now - 2020. If you have watched HB play you know within the first handful of plays. Just keep him healthy and upright and he will take care of the rest. He was born and developed to play QB at this level. Once he adjusts to the speed and reading D's, we have our QB that can lead the team all the way. Our players know.

Just watched his senior highlights, and his receivers don’t have to slow down at all on the run. Ever.

His arm is crazy, and his anticipation and ability to throw guys open in HS is great. Can’t wait to see him starting next year.
We have not had that much here lately. Normally our QB's throw to where the guy is as opposed to where they are going to be. Or they receiver has to slow down and wait on the ball and defender to catch up. The pass by Shrout in the SC game was the best pass that I have seen a UT QB throw in quite some time.

Didn't Bailey have similar or better HS stats as Trevor Lawrence? Why are people arguing for redshirting him? Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury. A competent QB was the difference between us going 8-5 and 10-3 or better.
Similar stats...but less. 10 lost games to injury over the years prolly accounts for it. What we’ve missed at the QB position since...forever is a superior football processing mind at signalcaller. We’ve had standouts as throwers (Bray) and instinctive athletes (Dobbs), but that guy who breaks down what the defense is throwing at him and is one step ahead? Maybe Ainge at his best minus knucklehead moments, but a long stretch. Errybody keeps saying, “Too much to throw at a true freshman!”, but the best of these kids have been doing football year round soaking up coverage recognition and disguised blitz pickups...Bailey since 8th grade. He might not be ready but that’s not fait accompli. If he’s the best after Spring and Fall Camp, I hope Pruitt takes the plunge.

And people don’t realize he’s had that playbook for over a year.

Can't believe I forgot this little gem from JG's commitment.
So much...well, so much something. 😂

No. He's Colin Kaepernick physically with a better head on his shoulders.

And Colin Kaepernick's physical profile is nothing to sneeze at. He's got everything you could ask for in a QB physically.

Going through the spring will be huge for HB. High school football is far more advanced than it was just a decade or so ago, especially in the top classifications of rich recruiting states like Georgia. Sure, HB has a lot to learn, but I think he walks on campus no worse than the #2 QB. I think Maurer or Shrout transfers after spring. I believe JG will come out of the spring #1, but will quickly relinquish it in the fall.

My only issue with him starting day 1 is if Trey Smith leaves and B Kennedy somehow gets his 6th year denied. The LAST thing I want is HB to come in and then get shell-shocked like JG did after getting hit on every drop-back. I know the OL has improved vastly in the last 2 years, but still.

He made more throws on the run than I initially expected also. Kid looks elite. Has a cannon, great touch, leads his receivers well.

My only issue with him starting day 1 is if Trey Smith leaves and B Kennedy somehow gets his 6th year denied. The LAST thing I want is HB to come in and then get shell-shocked like JG did after getting hit on every drop-back. I know the OL has improved vastly in the last 2 years, but still.
6th year already approved

Brandon Kennedy was already granted his 6th year of eligibility. They announced that right after the Bowl Win.

The only thing that concerns me just a tad bit is they now have a pretty crowded QB room and reps are going to be spread out more. Its also a good problem for competition etc but 6 QBs is a lot when it comes to live reps.

He made more throws on the run than I initially expected also. Kid looks elite. Has a cannon, great touch, leads his receivers well.
Yeah his "bad feet" or whatever is some bs. What they mean is he doesnt look like a running back taking direct snaps.

VN Store

Back