'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

glad we have another bye this year then......would love to get another 15 practices in bowl prep. that could go a long way for this teams' development headed to next spring.

That's a fortunately timed bye imo. Missouri will be our toughest left outside of AL.

Reactions: vols40
That's a fortunately timed bye imo. Missouri will be our toughest left outside of AL.
agreed. if we're gonna have a shot at a bowl, we have to win 2 of the 3 games against MSU, USCe or MO.

a lot depends on the bye, how healthy we are after the Bama game, and whether or not we can get a badly needed win this saturday.

agreed. if we're gonna have a shot at a bowl, we have to win 2 of the 3 games against MSU, USCe or MO.

a lot depends on the bye, how healthy we are after the Bama game, and whether or not we can get a badly needed win this saturday.

Would be amazing to close out with 7 wins. Recruits would be impressed. MO suffered a couple of injuries to key players this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they play. I don't root for players to get injured btw, just could work in our favor.

Reactions: vols40
Would be amazing to close out with 7 wins. Recruits would be impressed. MO suffered a couple of injuries to key players this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they play. I don't root for players to get injured btw, just could work in our favor.
if it's bad for them, and good for us.............i'm for it. so long as it's not permenant damage. :)

I feel this is one reason Pruitt seemed hesitant to go with Mauer
Doubt it. They pursued King. I don’t think they’re worried about losing Bailey bc I don’t think they believe Bailey is scared of competition. Which if he’s going to be the man at a program he shouldn’t be scared of competition.

I just can't understand why it couldn't be that Maurer just wasn't ready earlier in the season and now he is. Instead it has to be that Pruitt was just holding him back cause Pruitt's an idiot. 🙄
Fits the narrative. Kind of like Pruitt is clueless when it comes to defense, or Pruitt can’t develop players, etc. Pruitt has absolutely made mistake and underperformed but piling on with BS just because it fits an agenda is dumb.

I just can't understand why it couldn't be that Maurer just wasn't ready earlier in the season and now he is. Instead it has to be that Pruitt was just holding him back cause Pruitt's an idiot. 🙄
Also I think they legit believed JG could get us wins versus the first three opponents and probably get us through the Bama game before they had to start Maurer. I believe ideally they would’ve liked to have brought Maurer along slower and ease him in.

I think the timetable moved up more so due to the team kind of giving up on JG more so than pressure from the fans.

Looks like Maurer improved a lot over the bye week and week of practice leading up to GA. Chaney was babysitting him the entire 2 weeks. Chaney has lots of input on the starting QB and I trust he knows what he's doing there.
Fromm seems to be doing fine without Chaney.

Also I think they legit believed JG could get us wins versus the first three opponents and probably get us through the Bama game before they had to start Maurer. I believe ideally they would’ve liked to have brought Maurer along slower and ease him in.

I think the timetable moved up more so due to the team kind of giving up on JG more so than pressure from the fans.
I don't think Pruitt is the type to give in to fan pressure. I think he's going to do what he believes is best no matter who likes it. Giving in to pressure was a Butch thing.

wtf wrong with you? they have their own board, if you want to join.
This is me on Sunday regarding Maurer:

"I think that's underselling what a good first quarter Maurer had. That first touchdown was a blown coverage but Maurer was hella-accurate to start the game. There is no defense against the perfect pass and he was on the money. They figured out they had to get pressure or he would pick them apart and unfortunately we didn't have the OL to stop them, but Maurer was really good, unbelievable really for a freshman making his first start."

My point is I simply do not give Chaney all of the credit for Maurer's performance, or the blame for JG's. JG must be insanely good in practice, otherwise the management of the quarterbacks this year is hard to figure, Chaney's guru status notwithstanding.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
....[snip]
My point is I simply do not give Chaney all of the credit for Maurer's performance, or the blame for JG's. JG must be insanely good in practice, otherwise the management of the quarterbacks this year is hard to figure, Chaney's guru status notwithstanding.
Well, you can set your mind at ease, Don Quixote. There is not a single person in the history of the world who has ever given Chaney "all of the credit for Maurer's performance, or the blame for JG's." No need to tilt at windmills.

We're happy Maurer improved so much with two weeks of attention. You're welcome to feel happy about it too. Harrison Bailey is going to receive excellent coaching here.

BTW, that was not a blown coverage on the long TD pass: Callaway ran a top-notch route. You don't have to twist a compliment into a backhanded compliment. Try to be at peace with good things happening. Otherwise, Bailey is going to make you miserable.

Well, you can set your mind at ease, Don Quixote. There is not a single person in the history of the world who has ever given Chaney "all of the credit for Maurer's performance, or the blame for JG's." No need to tilt at windmills.

We're happy Maurer improved so much with two weeks of attention. You're welcome to feel happy about it too. Harrison Bailey is going to receive excellent coaching here.

BTW, that was not a blown coverage on the long TD pass: Callaway ran a top-notch route. You don't have to twist a compliment into a backhanded compliment. Try to be at peace with good things happening. Otherwise, Bailey is going to make you miserable.
Calloway did run a great route and UGA's safety screwed up, and the former was the cause of the latter, but the latter was an error nonetheless. Maurer was throwing people open Saturday, however that first TD was not an example of that, Calloway was wide open. It was still a good pass though regardless.

BTW Cornbread, what was your old user name? I see you joined a few days after Georgia State. Had to jettison that old post history, eh? No doubt full of other smarmy pretentious prognostications that didn't look so good anymore after that stinker. Best clean the slate and start again I suppose.

Last edited:
Calloway did run a great route and UGA's safety screwed up, and the former was the cause of the latter, but the latter was an error nonetheless. Maurer was throwing people open Saturday, however that first TD was not an example of that, Calloway was wide open. It was still a good pass though regardless.

BTW Cornbread, what was your old user name? I see you joined a few days after Georgia State. Had to jettison that old post history, eh? No doubt full of other smarmy pretentious prognostications that didn't look so good anymore after that stinker. Best clean the slate and start again I suppose.

Getting someone to bite hard isn't blown coverage, as you called it. That is getting beat...badly. Do you know what "blown coverage" means? It is for missed assignments, not getting your ankles broken.

Getting someone to bite hard isn't blown coverage, as you called it. That is getting beat...badly. Do you know what "blown coverage" means? It is for missed assignments, not getting your ankles broken.
You are correct, it was a poor choice of words. What I am saying, as it relates to Maurer, who was the only person I was talking about there was Maurer made a lot of great throws Saturday that beat good coverage, however on the long bomb, Calloway was wide open. Still, regardless, it was still a really good pass, however there were other throws Maurer made that he put it in the only window where it wouldn't be intercepted, Maurer beat the coverage on those throws, that accuracy impressed me more than the long bomb to Calloway. Calloway is who beat the coverage on the long bomb though, however Maurer got him the ball, we all remember a similar play in the Florida game where JG missed the wide open receiver.

Last edited:
I’m just trying not figure out how you square up that statement. What does Fromm have to do with BM and Chaney? Oh that’s right, nothing, just another dig at the coaching staff..
Look at the post I was quoting, the guy was giving Chaney essentially all the credit for Maurer's performance. I don't think that's fair, better blame him for JG's regression then too, which I don't. I was wrong though a couple of weeks ago when I said that I thought if there was a better QB on the roster the coaches, Chaney in particular would be starting him. That faith seems to have been misplaced. Like I said, JG must be insanely good in practice, that's the only thing I can figure.

VN Store

Back