'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Thanks, I was a little concerned. The national media is really blowing this thing up. I could also see this as negative recruiting ammo by other schools.
The media are always trying to stir the pot. Fortunately, most people realize the media for what it has become and don't give a rats axx about what they write. A lot of what they write is half truths and fiction. They no longer write facts, but write about their miss-guided opinion they dream up to try to make themselves relevant.

Serious question for the recruiting gurus, how solid is Bailey? Does anyone think "facemask gate" from Saturday will have any impact on recruiting, especially Bailey since he's a quarterback? I don't consider it a big deal personally but I'm not sure how it will be perceived by potential recruits.

Bailey is not a puss y so we good here about face mask.

Serious question for the recruiting gurus, how solid is Bailey? Does anyone think "facemask gate" from Saturday will have any impact on recruiting, especially Bailey since he's a quarterback? I don't consider it a big deal personally but I'm not sure how it will be perceived by potential recruits.
Nobody who we’re recruiting (real life football players) is gonna care about that wimpy face mask grab. All coaches do that - or worse - if a player they’re talking to walks away. If anything, Saturday should have Bailey licking his chops for immediate playing time.

Word is that Bailey is solid as long as Pruitt is the coach. He started looking around and talking about backup plan visits when there was talk about Pruitt being on the hot seat, but after visiting again and some reassurance from Fulmer - he’s solid. Assuming Pruitt doesn’t pull a Kiffin, Bailey is a Vol.

If you think about it .. Do you want a player on your team that would decide not to come to TN because Pruitt tugged another player's facemask? No, I would not.

Honestly anyone that thought that was too harsh or over the line I don’t want their tissue soft ass on my football team. It wasn’t even a grab it was a couple of fingers pulling his face mask for a split second to get his attention. And yeah he deserved to have his butt chewed bc he screwed over the other ten guys on the field that ran the correct play which would’ve scored and his coaches. He should be accountable for that stupidity and as a player I would hope a coach wouldn’t allow one guy to screw over the team.

Do you think Hill will be legit competition for Mauer and Bailey?
P Brown said yesterday he would be very surprised if Hill ever takes a snap here. When asked why (himself or competition) he responded mostly the former. Sounds like pretty meh in viewable practice. Given his extremely meh stats at Maryland, it adds up.

I was basing my opinion from games I saw of Hill at Maryland. He showed far more composure and better decision making than seen from JG this season.

Cmon now. What we don't know is if Hill is < than JG. What i can say is that a 6'1" 190 lb true frosh has come in and beaten out JG. With our line play, i feel very safe saying we're 4-3 at this pt.

Latest on Bailey from College Football Hall of Fame All-American Jersey presentation

Atlanta, GA (College Football Hall of Fame)- Harrison Bailey received his invitation to the prestigious All-American Bowl Game on February 2nd of 2017. Bailey committed at the same time, and the long wait since is inching closer. Bailey will showcase his talents against some of the nation's best talent in San Antonio on January 4th of 2020. Almost three years after he made his pledge to the game. One big chapter of the journey took place today, when he received his jersey for the game before family, friends, and media at the College Football Hall of Fame.

Looking back at Bailey's journey to the game is pivotal in this write-up. Bailey burst on the recruiting scene at an early age. He picked up his first offer in February of 2016. He is the youngest ever prospect to get invited to the game. Bailey now holds over 20 offers from Power Five schools. He would eventually, as you all know, go on to choose Tennessee in November of last year.

Bailey's recognition was earned, not given. Dating all the way back to 2012, on his twitter timeline, there are countless videos of Bailey putting in the extra hours with quarterback guru, Tony Ballard. Ballard has coached quarterbacks across the country, including at the All-America game.

At Bailey's commitment announcement, Ballard told Vol Recruiting Reports, "I will say that as a passer, he is as good as it gets. His physical stature standouts at 6'4, 220lbs. His arm strength is there. I think he can make any throw at any level. The film does not lie. Just go look at what he has done against the crazy schedule they have played this year. To put up those numbers against those teams, and not be that well protected, I commend him."

Bailey has put up video game numbers during his time at Marietta High School. Which has a lot to do with the fact that he is the number 32 overall player in the nation (Rivals) and received his jersey to the All-America Game tonight.

During his time at Marietta, Bailey has thrown for 6655 passing yards, 67 touchdowns, and only 16 interceptions on 743 attempts. Bailey averages 302.5 yards per game passing.

For Bailey at Marietta, he said, "I would not look at it as the best player in Marietta history. As a quarterback, you depend on your team. If the line isn't blocking, and the receivers are not catching, and I am not getting coached by one of the best coaches in high school football, I would not be who I am here today. It is really all about my teammates who push me every day to be the best I can be."

During his Senior campaign, Bailey has thrown for 2022 yards and 18 touchdowns with 5 interceptions on 205 pass attempts. All of these stats come against some of the nation's best competition. Marietta plays in one of the toughest classifications in America in 7A football in the state of Georgia. They also play nationally ranked teams for their out of conference games.

On the Tennessee side of things, Bailey said in terms of his recruitment, "I am done. Have known for a couple of weeks now."

There were several schools that gave Bailey something to think about. He said they included, "a couple of in-state schools, and a couple of schools up North."

The opportunistic teams tried to take advantage of Tennessee's tought 0-2 start. However, Bailey said what kept him solid was, "just a belief in Coach Pruitt and the program. I see his vision. Not many people see his vision. We see eye to eye on a lot of things. I want to be apart of the team and class that changes the University around."

Bailey has already been deemed the future star at the quarterback position. He said of the Tennessee offense, "they are very dynamic on offense. They like to pound it and run play action off it. They are very dynamic, so we will see. You see them under center, in the gun, changing pace, running hurry up. I mean you name it, they do it."

Bailey's last visit to Tennessee was for the 20-10 victory over Mississipi State game. He said of that win, "the defense played hard and forced turnovers. The offense was able to capitalize on most of them. Plus, we held them to like 100 yards of offense. They only scored twice, I mean shoot we played great defense. It is tough for teams to win when you play that way."

Bailey said as far as recruiting other prospects, "I really quit recruiting so hard, just so I could focus on my senior season. That is why I really committed before the season started was so I could shut things down. I have still been staying in touch with guys, though. Just keeping it cool. I have really been focused on my senior season.

Bailey added of receiving the prestigious All-American Bowl Jersey, "it is really just that hard work pays off. It shows that staying consistent from film to throwing to lifting will pay off. It is kind of a big night to show that it all pays off, nothing ever washes off."

Bailey is the highest-rated commitment in the 2020 class, across any site, with his number 32 overall ranking on Rivals. He will be an early enrollee at Tennessee in January.

VN Store

Back