'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Orr when you have such a highly skilled player at a very impactful position and he’s committed to a team that sucks right now. You want reassurance cuz he’s the centerpiece of everything you are selling to others. Might be wise to catch up

He talked OVs before the uga game. Not bc of Maurer playing 1 good half...because we haven't shown improvement.

Saying it's Maurer puts us in a no-win. Maurer succeeding is the only way we win more games down the stretch. We need him to kill it, us win games, and HB will still be here.

Never really thought about it like this... good call. The only way HB NOT coming here would be tolerable is if BM is balling out, but if he does that we should start to look like a middling SEC team, which would be a huge improvement.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
He’s already addressed it. Dear lord either Bailey comes here or he doesn’t. We shouldn’t need constant reassurance on a committed prospect.

i'm with you man. Success of Tennessee doesn't rise and fall with someone in HS. All the hand wringing doesn't reflect well on us. he either is, or, he isnt part of the solution.

edit: with that said, HB is a player. hope we get him.

Last edited:
If JG was still playing HB would see it as the perfect opportunity. But now Maurer is starting and if he’s able to continue to do well and maybe pull off an upset or two then it would be hard for Pruitt to hand the job to HB in 2020 and he knows that
You're really great at reading the minds of 18 year olds that you've never met.

Who really blames the kid for taking his OVs? It’s a free trip to see the sites and be pandered to like a rockstar. Plus you get to see a free cfb game. He’d be foolish not to imo, committed or not.

Who really blames the kid for taking his OVs? It’s a free trip to see the sites and be pandered to like a rockstar. Plus you get to see a free cfb game. He’d be foolish not to imo, committed or not.

It's like watching your girlfriend go out with a few other guys, many of whom are probably richer and better looking than you. I can guarantee no one on the coaching staff wants him taking OVs after being committed so long. Especially with Hubbs implication that the Vols need to see on the field improvement to lock him up. We are in a stretch where that will be tough to come by.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
This is a message board - 75% of all posts are wild a$$ guesses on everything. In fact, that % I just referenced was another wild a$$ guess. But at least my guess on HB was rooted in logic. Evidence? No, but logic
It seemed like a leap given that there are very few facts known about the situation. It also makes paints HB in a specific light based upon your interpretation of a couple of tweets.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back