'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

JG has a learning problem. He keeps making the same mistakes. So more experience/more time won’t fix it. Decent freshmen QB’s show learning improvement throughout the year. JG has not shown this. Time to move on.
JG is hard to watch, outside of two games in Kentucky and Auburn last season, this is who he has been his entire career at UT. He’s 0-2 against versus Vanderbilt which should tell you everything you want about him as a starting QB at UT.

He didn’t look good last year at any point...even when the OL wasn’t terrible. Not sure what people were expecting with JG. He showed us who he is last year.
I've never seen a QB take a beating like JG did last year. I thought it fair to give him a bit of a pass as he showed the ability to make all the throws. This year he's consistently had time to throw the ball. He can't make the reads nor get through his progressions quick enough. If you can't do those things, then it doesn't matter that you have the arm to make the throws.

I've never seen a QB take a beating like JG did last year. I thought it fair to give him a bit of a pass as he showed the ability to make all the throws. This year he's consistently had time to throw the ball. He can't make the reads nor get through his progressions quick enough. If you can't do those things, then it doesn't matter that you have the arm to make the throws.

If he could have made the plays last year he wouldn’t have taken a beating. The d knew he was garbage and to just light him the hell up. In the Bama game he was replaced and the backup put it up with touch and we scored two tds. He should just transfer to Jersey Tech or Rutgers.

JG sucked in the last game but leave the kid the hell alone on Twitter or any other social media. If he’s the starter he doesn’t need to worry about getting hate from the fans.

He has sucked most of his career at UT expect the Auburn and Kentucky games last season. He’s been a liability to the offense and he’s getting worse rather than better.

Hes stuck in his head imo. Too much analytical mind, no feel for the game. Needs to learn meditation, engage the subconscious mind, maybe go dancing, get in the flow. Use the force jg!
I really think that shoe bomb from GSU rattled him, all it took😔

What is JG gonna do if Harrison actually comes and he finds himself riding the bench as a 5th year senior? Because he is NOT going pro....

Hes stuck in his head imo. Too much analytical mind, no feel for the game. Needs to learn meditation, engage the subconscious mind, maybe go dancing, get in the flow. Use the force jg!
I realize the offensive line has improved, but still doubt it gives him time to meditate. Now maybe there are some dance moves which will help him back there.

Reactions: Devo182 and AllVawl
I think that what will happen is very likely, Kasim Hill will end up overtaking JG, and HB will back him up. Not because HB isn't good, but it's just always a good idea to get a year of SEC level S&C and learning the playbook. I believe JG will transfer, and likely Shrout will as well. Then the next year, you'll have Hill, Maurer, and Bailey all three competing for the job, and I think at that point, it'll be Bailey's to run off with.

Very rarely is a true freshman able to come in and handle the gauntlet that is the SEC. Trevor Lawrence did well at Clemson, but Clemson was built better than we are. They had a offensive line to give him time. Ours will be there, but it's not yet.

Either way, HB will likely start in 2 years at most. But I think Kasim Hill overtakes JG as QB1 in the Spring, and JG sees the writing on the wall and transfers.

Reactions: OldVolMan
I think that what will happen is very likely, Kasim Hill will end up overtaking JG, and HB will back him up. Not because HB isn't good, but it's just always a good idea to get a year of SEC level S&C and learning the playbook. I believe JG will transfer, and likely Shrout will as well. Then the next year, you'll have Hill, Maurer, and Bailey all three competing for the job, and I think at that point, it'll be Bailey's to run off with.

Very rarely is a true freshman able to come in and handle the gauntlet that is the SEC. Trevor Lawrence did well at Clemson, but Clemson was built better than we are. They had a offensive line to give him time. Ours will be there, but it's not yet.

Either way, HB will likely start in 2 years at most. But I think Kasim Hill overtakes JG as QB1 in the Spring, and JG sees the writing on the wall and transfers.
I don’t disagree that Kasim Hill is better than JG, just because of how I’m feeling about JG at the moment. But this is his 3rd year in college. He wouldn’t transfer if he was good enough to play at Maryland, just as Dormady, Mcbride, etc wouldn’t have transferred if they were good enough to play here.

For HB, while i don’t want to compare our offensive line to Clemson’s..next year would be Morris/J Johnson, R Johnson/Akporoghene, Carvin/Lampley, Calbert/Locklear, Darnell/Tatum. That will easily be the best offensive line we’ve had in a decade, our weakest guys being R Johnson and Calbert most likely, and they’re holding they’re own just fine. I think HB will excel in the spring and come out with the starting job easily, with Kasim as backup. He did ask Pruitt to walk on, after all

VN Store

Back