'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I was the only one who felt Bailey earned his fifth star this summer and I can understand the hesitation around the Vols commitment. While he was amazing at our Five-Star Challenge, he struggled at The Opening and The Elite 11, and he’s still a bit inconsistent. I like how he has re-shaped his body, dedicated himself to getting better and his leadership on the field, but he will need to have a big season and all-star game to push ahead based on the lone vote.
Farrell

Rankings don’t measure leadership ability and mental makeup of a QB which really makes zero sense. That is a huge factor in their success. It’s how a guy like Fromm beats out an Eason or has more success early in career compared to a prettier looking thrower in JG.
Honestly, how would you quantify leadership and mental makeup without it being subjective? I get what you're saying. It is those intangibles that make good players into great players. No doubt in my mind that HB will be a great player.

GA has 2 QBs ranked in the top 10. One is going to TN, and the other is going to LSU. I wonder if the Fields ordeal has anything to do with them not wanting to go there.

Reactions: Volbucky
Honestly, how would you quantify leadership and mental makeup without it being subjective? I get what you're saying. It is those intangibles that make good players into great players. No doubt in my mind that HB will be a great player.

Put them through a large number of leadership and mental reps, duh.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
GA has 2 QBs ranked in the top 10. One is going to TN, and the other is going to LSU. I wonder if the Fields ordeal has anything to do with them not wanting to go there.
Their statements concerning that. “Chaney passed on Bailey” and “Carson Beck is the best qb for their system.”

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don't remember reading anything that said he struggled at the Elite 11.

Depends on which portion was seen. His initial outing wasn't great. A bit slow on decisions and took the most timed sacks of anyone. NOW after that he did much better and he moved up in the rankings each day iirc. Considering he apparently crushed the Rivals Camp, that may have been seen as struggling in comparison. All in context.

Were Rivals reps even present? Prolly read it like the rest of us.

So Farrell says he has him as a five star and then goes on to explain why he is not a five star. Makes sense.

Think that was more him trying to explain others hesitation on him getting the 5th star. I’m just happy Rivals sees his talent. Unlike 247 and especially ESPN that criminally underrate him.

Think that was more him trying to explain others hesitation on him getting the 5th star. I’m just happy Rivals sees his talent. Unlike 247 and especially ESPN that criminally underrate him.
I am glad that Rivals sees it also, but it sure sounded like it was his words and not others regarding his "deficiencies."

VN Store

Back