'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Wonder if Bailey will be in town to peer recruit King for his upcoming OV...........

I personally like the move of getting second kid. For a change, gotta say im in Ron's corner here. 1) if Bailey is truly the character kid you want at this position..he should welcome the competition. 2) the right competition breeds winning mindsets.

If he's the guy. get em on campus and let em get his buddies here.

Chaney hire is best hire Cornbread has made

That's why I said what i said. Well see how he handles the visit and possible commitment.

He’d do well to stick it out. My observation over the years is that QBs have to compete for playing time no matter where they go. The ones that try and avoid that by decommitting or transferring around to greener pastures don’t seem to pan out in the end. If you are a QB you might as well just embrace that competition as a fact of life. It will only get more intense (not less) if you want to go pro.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Figured that would just be a given. Cooler...lift.

It's what we do.
While technically true. What I think you’re missing is... I’m not actually going on said trip. So... I was just being helpful because we used the bulk ice machine. Either way, our kid has played travel ball since she was 8, at 16 we both have a lot of cooler time in. She could have handled it by herself.

Some folks gots to chill.
Scrolling back and there was no "meltdowns, mattress burnings or freakouts".

We (including me) tell negas that "discussion is fine just not the constant whining". But you open a thread where they're just opining and some still go off the deep end.

It's not an echo chamber, it's a discussion board.
My goodness lol.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
IN HIS WORDS
"Everything is going great with Tennessee. I'm just focusing on getting better and helping us get a lot of talent in this class."

Efforts as a recruiter: "I've missed on a couple guys already and that hasn't sat too well with me, because I could have sworn that a couple of guys we for sure had in the bag and they ended up going elsewhere. I'm going to make sure that doesn't keep happening. I'm working on my teammates B.J. Ojulari and Arik Gilbert, they're going to put the fanbase at ease when they commit. They're my teammates and I have a good relationship with both of them. They like Tennessee so it doesn't get much better than that."

Paintball experience: "I was up there for the paintball recently and that was a pretty fun experience. It was one of the coolest events I've ever been to. They set up a paintball arena on the practice fields and we played with the coaches and recruits and stuff.

Best paintball skills among Vols coaches: "The coaches were all equally bad at paintball. Coach Rumph, he was sitting there just hiding behind something shooting his gun and not even looking just hoping he was going to hit somebody. Coach Pruitt wasn't bad, he just lost track of his surroundings. He would get behind something to hide and his whole back would be exposed and we would just be sitting there spraying him. Coach Ansley was the best coach, he was a little bit slick when he played."

Best paintball skills among recruits in attendance: "I think I was the best guy there in terms of the recruits and paintball skills. I'm not gonna lie. I've played a few times so I knew what I was doing. Arik was a little scared because he had never played before. Before each game I would just shoot him in the leg so he would know what it felt like.

New physique: "I workout every day. I'm always doing running or some type of cardio. Doing distance some days and sprints other days. I'm lifting every day, too. Just watching what I eat and cutting back on junk food. Going into spring ball I was 228 and now I'm down to 219. Last year I was 235 so I've lost a lot.

RIVALS REACTION
Bailey has been an active recruiter ever since committing and he hasn't shied away from the nation's top recruits, including his teammate Gilbert. A chance to compete at some more marquee events over the summer, including the Rivals Five-Star Challenge, should only help his efforts. As far as his work off the field this summer, it's clear Bailey is working hard to not only finish his high school career on a high note, but to go into college ready to compete for playing time.

3A3A3F95-B9AB-4228-8D50-B65D7740697B.jpeg

While technically true. What I think you’re missing is... I’m not actually going on said trip. So... I was just being helpful because we used the bulk ice machine. Either way, our kid has played travel ball since she was 8, at 16 we both have a lot of cooler time in. She could have handled it by herself.

earn't

Seems like HB just continues to chip away with constant improvement.
Really want this guy to have a stellar career here.
Not many better pure passers in this class. I know everyone loves the QB that can take off with it. But Peyton & Bray made me fall in love with the art of throwing the ball. I'm not trading Bailey for any of these guys in his class JMO.

VN Store

Back