'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

He has dropped 50 spots since committing to UT.

He was the 59th ranked recruit when he committed. He is now the 108th ranked recruit, including dropping 30 spots recently.

He was the 59th ranked recruit when he committed. He is now the 108th ranked recruit, including dropping 30 spots recently.

I kind of shrugged off the "recruiting services hate us" theory a little while back, but my God... every single kid. Do we ever have one that rises? I mean it's getting a little ridiculous.

Ok here’s your last 15 Super Bowl winning QBs. Who can be considered running QBs?
Wilson and Rodgers.
Rodgers is definitely a throw first QB that can run.

Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs
Super Bowl 51: Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 53: Tom Brady (Julian

He won the MVP in Charlotte and 247 writer basically gives him honorable mention. It seems as if most sports writers are afraid to give the Vols recruits any love. It makes me just a little angry at times. I can't wait till we start smoking our opponents.
Right. Wasn't he the #2 QB before he committed to us

Ok here’s your last 15 Super Bowl winning QBs. Who can be considered running QBs?
Wilson and Rodgers.

But do we need a QB that can win a Super Bowl or just need one that can win a lot of games at UT? Sometimes those are two very different questions. Isn't that right RG III, Scott Frost, Tee Martin, Josh Dobbs, Heath Shuler, etc, etc, etc?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
But do we need a QB that can win a Super Bowl or just need one that can win a lot of games at UT? Sometimes those are two very different questions. Isn't that right RG III, Scott Frost, Tee Martin, Josh Dobbs, Heath Shuler, etc, etc, etc?
Type of QB that can win at the highest level can win.

And when the hell did mobility trump throwing the football at the QB position? I know this claiming Tennessee bias is played out but with explanations like this you have to wonder.

Not sure anyone is saying it trumps, but it is clearly a great attribute to have. So if they are comparing mobile QBs with great footwork, pocket presence, etc, to ones that do not - AOTBE, you would have to rank the mobile guys higher.

Wilson and Rodgers.

I wouldn't mistake mobility for just running. Tom Brady has excellent footwork inside the pocket. That is a big part of it. Manning was pretty good in that respect too, but guy couldn't run for shiz. The issue right now with Bailey, from what I've read, is he has stone feet. That isn't a good thing, but surely can be taught.

I wouldn't mistake mobility for just running. Tom Brady has excellent footwork inside the pocket. That is a big part of it. Manning was pretty good in that respect too, but guy couldn't run for shiz. The issue right now with Bailey, from what I've read, is he has stone feet. That isn't a good thing, but surely can be taught.

umm he does not have stone feet, watch the tape..the kid knows how to move in the pocket

His footwork is exceptional. Probably pushing for the top spot as far as footwork goes.

It has nothing to do with him having stone feet. He moves well in the pocket. The reporters are hung up on running QBs right now. They are using it as an excuse for dropping him in rankings.

I know all signs have pointed towards this kid going to UGA, but if he knows he’s the best in the nation, why would he not play another 3 or 4 years with him?
I just hope others don’t pull him away from his Tennessee commitment. Tiny part of me is worried about that......just saying

Par for the course. If he were committed to almost anywhere else, he would have likely raised in the rankings. Look for him to drop even further the closer it gets to NSD.

I have seen his film and that is good enough for me. Don't sweat it.

I completely agree. Bailey is a stud. The rankings drop is just confusing. I could understand if this were the middle of his SR year and he was sucking. Then the drop would be justified. But its the offseason no football is being played. Yet he has been dropping. Like I said Carson Beck cmmitted to UGA and he has done nothing but go up in the rankings. I jusut dont get it.

VN Store

Back