'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Tennessee commitment Harrison Bailey already was ranked among the nation's top quarterbacks in the 2020 class before attending Sunday's Nike The Opening Regional in Mint Hill, N.C. He now will get a chance to prove himself on an even bigger stage. The four-star Class of 2020 quarterback from Marietta (Ga.) High School, who has been committed to the Vols since late November, earned an invitation to Nike's Elite 11 Finals with a strong showing at Sunday's The Opening Regional at Rocky River High School just outside Charlotte, N.C.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Bailey also was named the quarterback MVP at Sunday's event, which featured a talented group of quarterbacks headlined by four-star LSU commitment Max Johnson of Watkinsville, Ga., four-star South Carolina commitment Luke Doty of Myrtle Beach, S.C., and elite Class of 2021 quarterbacks Brock Vandagriff and Drake Maye. Bailey, who has been the star of Tennessee's 2020 recruiting class since choosing the Vols over Michigan on Nov. 29, already had been chosen to play in the 2020 All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

He now will be among the quarterbacks participating in this year's Nike The Opening Finals at The Star in Frisco, Texas, the training headquarters for the NFL's Dallas Cowboys. The Opening Finals will coincide with the Elite 11 Finals, which will be held June 28-30. Bailey is ranked the No. 79 overall prospect and No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. He's also ranked by 247Sports as the No. 160 overall player and No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the 2020 class.

It will be the third time in five years that a Tennessee has been represented at the Elite 11 Finals, the annual competition that features a number of the nation's top quarterbacks. The Vols' current starting quarterback, redshirt junior Jarrett Guarantano, went to the Elite 11 Finals in 2015. Tennessee freshman Brian Maurer, who joined the Vols in January as an early enrollee, also participated in the event last year. According to 247Sports' evaluation of Bailey, he's "tall with prototypical size" and "projects as a likely Power Five starter with an all-league ceiling should he continue to progress."

"A polished pocket passer with sound mechanics," 247Sports' Charles Power wrote of Bailey, who plans to enroll at Tennessee in January. "Well-coached in terms of technique and has a consistent delivery. Has the ability to drive the ball downfield and shows good touch and ball location. Has posted good passing numbers against top competition in Georgia. Able to distribute to all levels of the field. "Looks to be best suited in an offense with a run game that allows him to target big wide receivers downfield off of play action. Doesn't provide a run threat and needs to keep improving his mobility and feet in order to be able to evade the rush."

I’m keep laughing at the whole “mobility” thing.

There’s been great NFL QBs who wasn’t a threat to run.

Peyton Manning would have been dropped to a 3* if Rivals was around at that time.

Yes, but AOTBE, being mobile is a good thing. I don't get why people keep dogging the attribute just based on anecdotal "x elite player was great and not mobile".

Fwiw Peyton was very, very good at avoiding the rush by using his feet. 247 is saying Bailey is not at the moment. Fwiw mobility is not your 40 time...

Reactions: k-town_king
Charles Power is an absolute joke. As mentioned above he put a top 10 performers from the Opening at Charlotte and Bailey didn’t make the list. Went on to add that Vandagriff (#1) and Doty (#3) were neck and neck and that there was a noticeable gap between those two and the other QBs.

Charles Power is an absolute joke. As mentioned above he put a top 10 performers from the Opening at Charlotte and Bailey didn’t make the list. Went on to add that Vandagriff (#1) and Doty (#3) were neck and neck and that there was a noticeable gap between those two and the other QBs.
I just called him out on that BS. We'll see what he has to say tomorrow. They love watching which kid jumps the highest. Nevermind actually spinning the football.

giphy.gif

Here you go nick.

People helping people 👍🏻

Reactions: T Dog

I think we are "in on" Vandagriff. Good new for us imo.

Reactions: GoVolsDR

This article? I didn't see anywhere he mentioned "neck and neck" nor "noticeable gap".

The Opening Charlotte: Top Performers

Yes, but AOTBE, being mobile is a good thing. I don't get why people keep dogging the attribute just based on anecdotal "x elite player was great and not mobile".

Fwiw Peyton was very, very good at avoiding the rush by using his feet. 247 is saying Bailey is not at the moment. Fwiw mobility is not your 40 time...
Peyton also had a very good alarm clock in his head. It told him time to get the rid of the ball now

This article? I didn't see anywhere he mentioned "neck and neck" nor "noticeable gap".

The Opening Charlotte: Top Performers
Didn't see those words either. But I guess it was funny that he had Vandergriff 1 and Doty 3, then mentions Bailey as number 11. Missing out on his top 10.
This is the wording he used "Bailey would've been the next one up in terms of top performers."
I guess "would've been" was an interesting term since right below that, he listed coaches choices at each spot and Bailey was their #1.

He definitely saw things differently but I have no idea if that was just his honest opinion or there was any biased view.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Peyton AND Eli had good footwork and technique. I'm not an expert and i know that. These clowns have no clue.

VN Store

Back