'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Arik gilbert on his QB

"Seeing Harrison compared to other quarterbacks is so crazy," Gilbert told Mansell, "because he'll put the ball right in the spot where you want it at, it's just crazy how accurate his throws are.

"On the field, you always know that he's going to be a calm dude that's always collected," he added. "He's a leader on the field and you can see it in his game. He's a born leader."

Bailey passed for 2,809 yards with 29 touchdown passes and just six interceptions during his junior season in 2018, and Gilbert was one of his favorite targets.

Arik gilbert on his QB
Those numbers were against one of the toughest schedules in the nation with a weak OL and losing his number 1 target in Keyton for most of the year. I think he is going to challenge state records for single season passing this year if everyone stays healthy. Keyton was the only SR on offense I believe.

And will still drop in the rankings

"Our top performer at the camp was Harrison Bailey, who threw a slew of miraculous passes that no other quarterback was capable of. However, we have decided to drop him to a high 3 star as he lacks elite athleticism, and only runs a 4.63 laser timed 40 yard dash."

The fact that he isn’t a pro style QB with exceptional arm talent who also is athletic enough to be a dual threat concerns me.

VN Store

Back