'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Respectfully, BOT, I do not think he is a 5 star. And...I think he's maxed out in a lot of areas.
His throwing mechanics don't utilize his size well enough. Kind of a low trajectory...
He looks like he should be able to throw it 70 yards, but his arm is just "good".

He can read defenses, has good accuracy.

Maurer is tapping into his talent at the right time and under the right guidance. Chaney will turn him into a stud these next 8 months.

How about we visit this thread 6 more weeks? Spring ball will be concluding and we should know a lot more about Maurer, with SEC Wrs to throw too.

I want to know your experience? You are talking mechanics, this, and that. Seems you are in the know. I would like to know your qualifications as a QB coach, ex-QB, or just a fan?

I recall reading an article where baileys dad explained the process of building Harrison's body. They packed on weight leading into his freshman yr because they knew he would take a lot of hits starting as a freshman QB behind a meh OL. Then they were going to work that weight down to increase mobility. It is my understanding the first real part of that process was last yr and he saw a nice increase in mobility. I'd expect more of the same this yr.

Rating due to mobility per Simmons

"Well he was going to reclassify. but because he didn't, he is obviously not ready for the next level. doesn't show enough consistency as a HS Junior/senior to impress us at an NFL level. Needs a better 40, and vertical that you really have to see for a QB to know they have the appropriate arm strength. Plus he had a game with two interceptions, Borderline prospect with not many schools seriously considering him. Speaks loudly that TN is settling for him."

-Rivals.

probably.
bump on the mobility thing

Their line wasn’t great last year either. Watch some games this year they’re all available online
On top of that the Dlines Marietta faced were full of 4 and 5* kids in every game. The OL was totally overmatched every week. Even if they weren’t 4 or 5*s all the schools we play have kids going to places like NC St

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
"Well he was going to reclassify. but because he didn't, he is obviously not ready for the next level. doesn't show enough consistency as a HS Junior/senior to impress us at an NFL level. Needs a better 40, and vertical that you really have to see for a QB to know they have the appropriate arm strength. Plus he had a game with two interceptions, Borderline prospect with not many schools seriously considering him. Speaks loudly that TN is settling for him."

-Rivals.

probably.

Probably because he would be a 17 year old college freshman is the real reason.

Hmm it sounds like it would be good to start a recruiting service that shows the kids stats along with competition and offers. Instead of making them pay for ratings through camps. And just because they dont do an interview with me I should drop them. So if you you guys want to pony up a start up I am open to lead this. Need a job and I actually like recruiting and scouting. Just a thought.
I dig

Reactions: T Dog
Not the quarterback we deserved... nor needed... but we got him anyways

But cmon man...he was like 15-2 as a starter or some crap. He was "just a winner", stats be damned. You know, the whole crowd that think winningness is a characteristic that comes out of nowhere. Just odd he lost when he got here. Absolutely befuddling to that anti-jg crowd I am sure.

But cmon man...he was like 15-2 as a starter or some crap. He was "just a winner", stats be damned. You know, the whole crowd that think winningness is a characteristic that comes out of nowhere. Just odd he lost when he got here. Absolutely befuddling to that anti-jg crowd I am sure.
The “he didn’t transfer to the whole other side of the country to SIT!” got a lot of mileage too. 😴 Like HIS intentions took precedence.

I got jumped on for it...when I said he's reminecent of Keller C.

He's a good QB.
But some of y'all think he's a sure fire 5 STAR that's already underrated as a high 4 star. That's just not the reality Imo...

I would say most of you all are banking on this kid being the QB that turns out fortunes around. I have my doubts...let's just say that.

1) Because Brian Maurer is heck of a prospect.

2) Brian Maurer is going to start as a true freshman. At some point.

In what way is he Chryst?

Per sources I heard he was scheduled to be at a 247 camp and then no showed so they dropped him.

Probably.
Just a heads up, couldn’t find a thread for him but Len’Neth Whitehead (4 star LB) is visiting this weekend and think he leaves with an offer from TN. Couple quick notes, he has very good size already. He is also on the Olympic radar, he turned down the Jr Olympics last year in Argentina to concentrate on football. He is rated as the #1 shotput thrower so future Olympics isn’t out of the question, rated #4 ILB and #75 overall by 247.

Just a heads up, couldn’t find a thread for him but Len’Neth Whitehead (4 star LB) is visiting this weekend and think he leaves with an offer from TN. Couple quick notes, he has very good size already. He is also on the Olympic radar, he turned down the Jr Olympics last year in Argentina to concentrate on football. He is rated as the #1 shotput thrower so future Olympics isn’t out of the question, rated #4 ILB and #75 overall by 247.

247 says he already has an offer from TN. There might be a thread somewhere.

VN Store

Back