'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

He’s bigger too.
tenor.gif

Good luck getting the kid to reclassify could do a lot for the game next yr

Kids a stud
See I’m not a troll I have nothing against y’all or UT the except we compete for the same thing

Pruitt doing great job recruiting

Doesn’t scare me tho I still believe Mullen being so young just because he hasn’t realized u need to
Recruit at high level he Mac even figured it out at the end had us top 5 or so when fired

Mullen will figure it out if Mac could

Bailey is great no doubt. He would have a chance of unseating JG if he were here this spring.

He has a HS all star team though. It's hard to to compare JG playing vs the SEC to his situation.
At the skill positions Marietta is pretty loaded. We have a great tackle in Wray, but the rest of the OL is really weak. He gets hammered most games as Fearvols can attest to. He was hit virtually every play in the quarterfinal game last year at North Gwinnett. He had to pick himself up off the turf after every drop back and threw for 338 yards and 5 tds against the eventual state champs.

Most of the teams Marietta plays can pretty much match the talent. We played like 4 or 5 nationally ranked teams this year, plus Rome, McEachern, and Hillgrove.
It is still a massive step up, but if anyone will be ready its him. He has been starting since he was 14 and has seen everything you can see in a football game.

East coast version of JT Daniels? Is he that good? Nvm I know he’s a beast

But remember USC fans talking like JT was gonna improve on Darnold and get them to playoffs lol

January 2011: Bailey was 9 at the time...

He has attended several camps and currently works with highly regarded QB Coach Ron Veal. Harrison credits a lot of his throwing skills to his QB coach. Just a few of Harrison’s accomplishments:
  • Harrison has been selected as a Youth Football All American two years in a row by O-D.com (offense-defense).
  • Harrison was nominated for Player of the year by borntocompete.com. Harrison has also been chosen as a “Prime Time Kid” by borntocompete.com and Deion Sanders. Check out Harrison’s “Prime Time Kids” video on youtube.
Harrison has great dedication, character and athleticism. (He) is a leader on the youth football field- leading his team with energy and passion. Harrison is a real competitor, a true quarterback. Harrison has great size and weight for his age; (he) is 5’2” tall and weighs 108lbs....During our interview he broke down several of his youth football plays with great detail. I have never talked to a youth football player, of his age, that was so knowledgeable about the game of football.

orvels-camera-128.jpg

QB/MLB Harrison Bailey

From his FR year

Meet Harrison Bailey, the 15-Year-Old QB Who Made Cam Newton's Jaw Drop

Richards and Mansell were among those present as players such as current Georgia quarterback Jacob Eason and current Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks were getting their hands measured.
Mansell recalled that Eason and Franks measured in "around 9 ½ or 9 ¾."
For comparison, the top two overall selections in last April's NFL draft were Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. Goff's hands measured in at 9 ⅛ inches and Wentz at 10 inches, as detailed by the Indianapolis Star's Laken Litman, previously of For The Win.

Bailey, then 14 years old, had hands that measured almost 11 inches.
"We were all looking at each other like, 'Wait a minute!'" Mansell says. "You start talking about hand size and how he's able to spin the ball—that was the first indicator to me that this kid is different."

Another insightful piece on Bailey prior to his sophomore season in '17...

“He has a better understanding of the offense this year,” (Marietta coach Richard) Morgan said. “He understands pass protections better and goes now to his third and fourth read. Harrison knows where everyone is going to be, but when those guys are not in the right spot, he can tell them what they did wrong and where they should have been. I made the corrections for him last year. Harrison can now make those corrections on his own.”

Bailey was trying to figure out the offense last fall. He’s got that down but now also understands the defenses. “I like his demeanor,” Morgan said. “He’s only a sophomore but I like how he never gets rattled. There is a complete calmness about him. Nothing shakes him. I think that is what separates the good quarterbacks from the great ones. His mindset is where it needs to be great. He’s not just a kid with a big arm. He’s got everything.”

UGA recruiting: Marietta sophomore QB Harrison Bailey is already elite

VN Store

Back