'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Going on record that as long as Bailey remains committed to us, he will fall outside of the top 100 by the time he signs.
"Well he was going to reclassify. but because he didn't, he is obviously not ready for the next level. doesn't show enough consistency as a HS Junior/senior to impress us at an NFL level. Needs a better 40, and vertical that you really have to see for a QB to know they have the appropriate arm strength. Plus he had a game with two interceptions, Borderline prospect with not many schools seriously considering him. Speaks loudly that TN is settling for him."

-Rivals.

probably.

"Well he was going to reclassify. but because he didn't, he is obviously not ready for the next level. doesn't show enough consistency as a HS Junior/senior to impress us at an NFL level. Needs a better 40, and vertical that you really have to see for a QB to know they have the appropriate arm strength. Plus he had a game with two interceptions, Borderline prospect with not many schools seriously considering him. Speaks loudly that TN is settling for him."

-Rivals.

probably.
The vertical for arm strength got me 😂

I'll leave this here from Bailey's dad talking Sunday after their visit:

"Bailey’s father, Orvel Bailey, told GoVols247 that he and his son had “great conversations” with Chaney during a visit that left Bailey “super impressed” with Chaney and “super excited” about Tennessee’s plans for him, and he’s already planning to make the trip again Saturday. "He made a good impression on Harrison,” Orvel Bailey told GoVols247. “I mean, they made it pretty clear that he’s their quarterback for the future.

“I think Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt’s great. Love Coach Pruitt, which is why we committed to Tennessee — because of Coach Pruitt — and our minds have never changed about that. … It helped for Harrison to get up and meet Coach Chaney and just kind of feel what type of coach he’s going to be. I think it’s a great fit, and I think Harrison thinks it’s a great fit.”

I'll leave this here from Bailey's dad talking Sunday after their visit:

"Bailey’s father, Orvel Bailey, told GoVols247 that he and his son had “great conversations” with Chaney during a visit that left Bailey “super impressed” with Chaney and “super excited” about Tennessee’s plans for him, and he’s already planning to make the trip again Saturday. "He made a good impression on Harrison,” Orvel Bailey told GoVols247. “I mean, they made it pretty clear that he’s their quarterback for the future.

“I think Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt’s great. Love Coach Pruitt, which is why we committed to Tennessee — because of Coach Pruitt — and our minds have never changed about that. … It helped for Harrison to get up and meet Coach Chaney and just kind of feel what type of coach he’s going to be. I think it’s a great fit, and I think Harrison thinks it’s a great fit.”
Sounds like GT is just doing their due diligence, and taking a shot at a local kid, now that they are moving away from triple option. If we have a 6 win season, I to think we are fine here.

Reactions: volfaninpa
I am TERRIFIED of this offer.

hashtag blue font
I can't figure out what Dobbsdid not go to Georgia Tech. It has much better reputation as an aero engineering school than UT does and it is Dobbs Hometown School. And Dobbs would have been phenomenal in the Johnson offense.

I can't figure out what Dobbsdid not go to Georgia Tech. It has much better reputation as an aero engineering school than UT does and it is Dobbs Hometown School. And Dobbs would have been phenomenal in the Johnson offense.
Because that offense isn't designed to make a QB look good for the NFL. The last QB they had drafted into the NFL was in 2000 (Joe Hamilton).

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back