'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Come on, now. You know there were many, many times they would call a short pass on Third and long.
Wanting the receiver to make a play instead of trusting Dobbs.

Maybe u missed seeing the long ball thrown by Dobbs all season(s). Except the uga game where he got bailed out by JJ.

Come on, now. You know there were many, many times they would call a short pass on Third and long.
Wanting the receiver to make a play instead of trusting Dobbs.

i know facts just get in the way but we set UT records with that offense.

When you say "like what UT ran" do you mean a fast paced spread or do you mean an offense that didn't sling the ball around like crazy?

If he doesn't want to play in any spreads somewhat similar to what UT has been playing, that cuts down his list in a major way really fast.

We rely on the qb to run a lot in the past. Bailey will be more of a pro style guy. UT depended a lot upon read-option spread more than a legit spread. He's not that guy. The kid is a legit qb who can put the ball anywhere in any spot on the field. To the ones thinking that the offense will be totally different under Scott, not gonna happen because it is still CBJ offense. Bailey playing in the offense we've previously ran would be similar to the results we saw from Worley, and thus why many want JG as the starter over QD now.

We rely on the qb to run a lot in the past. Bailey will be more of a pro style guy. UT depended a lot upon read-option spread more than a legit spread. He's not that guy. The kid is a legit qb who can put the ball anywhere in any spot on the field. To the ones thinking that the offense will be totally different under Scott, not gonna happen because it is still CBJ offense. Bailey playing in the offense we've previously ran would be similar to the results we saw from Worley, and thus why many want JG as the starter over QD now.

Thanks for the info, but that's not really what I was asking.

When he's indicated he doesn't want to play in an offense "anything like UT's", do you think he means spreads that feature the zone read in general? For example would he also not wanna play in an offense like that of, say Oklahoma or Ohio State?

Thanks for the info, but that's not really what I was asking.

When he's indicated he doesn't want to play in an offense "anything like UT's", do you think he means spreads that feature the zone read in general? For example would he also not wanna play in an offense like that of, say Oklahoma or Ohio State?

Zone read specific is what he was speaking on.

four-star class of 2020 quarterback harrison bailey of marietta (ga.) high school posted wednesday on his twitter account that he's scheduled to visit tennessee on saturday.

"visiting tennessee on saturday #vols," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound bailey has visited tennessee multiple times but will be returning to knoxville for the first time since new coach jeremy pruitt's hiring in december. He attended the vols' home game against florida in september 2016.

Bailey has received scholarship offers from nearly 20 schools, including florida, georgia, alabama, auburn, florida state, lsu, miami, michigan, ohio state, oklahoma, ole miss and texas a&m.

He's ranked by 247sports as the no. 68 overall prospect and no. 2 pro-style quarterback in the 2020 class.

Reactions: 3 people
Stud, stud, stud. Threw for over 300+ at North Gwinnett in the playoffs last season. Half the time he was on his backside. All of this was against a secondary with 3 Top tier SEC offers.

Stud, stud, stud. Threw for over 300+ at North Gwinnett in the playoffs last season. Half the time he was on his backside. All of this was against a secondary with 3 Top tier SEC offers.

I don't think he has turned 16 yet either. Jake Wray, who is a top 100 player for 2020 and is an OT moved to Marietta from TN so he will help. Jermaine Burton, who is a 4* player for 2020 and a WR transferred back to Marietta from IMG. Bailey is going to have absurd numbers this year.

He and JG both work with the same QB coach in ATL in the off season. Hopefully that familiarity helps here.

Attachments

• 636AAFC3-B709-4B2B-B7D8-4CCA7244E2D9.jpg
    636AAFC3-B709-4B2B-B7D8-4CCA7244E2D9.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 4 people
"i really liked the coaching staff," bailey said. "i thought practice ran pretty well and they had some pretty great food. It was an all-around pretty good visit. They are going to sling it around a lot this season."

"i've been to tennessee before so i got to know campus then," bailey said. "this trip was different because i got to see practice and just sit down and talk with the coaches. (pruitt) told me he really wants me and all of that."

watching practice was a real chance to see how new offensive coordinator tyson helton coaches and interacts between the white lines. It was also an excellent opportunity to see how the vol offense will look in the season ahead. "i like the variation of plays that he ran," bailey said. "he ran shotgun run plays, shotgun sprint outs, under-center sprint outs and straight drop backs. It was just a nice variation. I like that it's a pro-style offense. He likes the throw the ball a lot."

after practice he was able to spend time with helton and pick his brain. It's a relationship that has continued to grow in recent months and bailey possibly sees it expanding even more. "he's a pretty cool guy," bailey said. "he's coached some great quarterbacks and he definitely knows what he's talking about. I'm looking forward to building a relationship with him."

"i'm definitely interested in tennessee," bailey said. "they definitely have something great going for them right now. We will see more about it as the time comes around. The depth chart isn't really too crammed."

he was joined on his visit by three of his teammates including 5-star tight end arik gilbert. It makes for good conversations after visits because he has someone bailey is close with going through the same process. "we are able to relate and talk and know what's best," bailey said.

- vq

Reactions: 7 people
Marietta (Ga.) High Top247 2020 quarterback Harrison Bailey plans to narrow his list of offers in the near future.

Close to 20 schools have already extended a scholarship to the nation’s No. 2 pro-style passer according to the Top247 Player Rankings. Over the weekend at the Adidas 7on7 National Championships in Los Angeles, the 6-foot-5, 228-pound Bailey said he felt good about a few of those programs.

“One of them schools would be Alabama,” Bailey said. “The NFL Players, you look at the draft and you see the players from Alabama going in the first round. Coach Saban is going to be a coach that can take me to the next level.”

Tennessee is up there for Bailey as well. “I went to Tennessee recently,” he said of his spring practice visit. “It was real nice. I liked Coach Pruitt. He was so 100 with you. Him and Coach Helton are great coaches. You can see the intensity of practice.”

Michigan is really making a push for the Peach State passer. “I really like Michigan with Coach (Pep) Hamilton,” Bailey said. “I think I’m going to visit there again soon. Take my dad there, he wants to go up there.” Bailey has been to Ann Arbor in the past. “I like the coaches a lot,” he reiterated.

Other offers for Bailey includes Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Ohio State and Oklahoma among others.

- Wiltfong, 247

VN Store

Back