'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

No kidding. I have nothing against Maurer, but this fanbase was acting like he was Peyton Manning when he consistently was missing throws. He had one solid half against Georgia and he became a folk hero. I hope he balls out, but he benefitted greatly from being on the same team as arguably one of the least liked QBs in recent memory. I feel for JG.
200.gif

Reactions: bignewt
If JG can beat out a sophomore Maurer, a Sophomore Shrout, a solid grad transfer in Hill, and an EE Bailey then he will have earned the job against some stud competition and there would be reason for optimism.

He's always been amazing in practice.
I have no doubt he'll win the starting job if he stays.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Who the eff hates JG? I don't...but my sphincter tightens every freakin time he drops back..

Just got to throw that HATE in there. Why does it have to be that we Hate JG. I have never said I hate JG have you McGill? Now do I prefer another QB? Yes! Has JG played better the last two games? Yes! But I still don't know which JG is going to show up but it doesn't mean I hate him. GEEZ !

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Tennessee quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer, outside linebackers coach Chris Rumph and defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley went to Marietta (Ga.) High School on Thursday to see four-star Vols quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey and former defensive end/linebacker commitment BJ Ojulari, who's now committed to LSU.
callahan

YES!!! Unless I run a pure West coast offense I would ALWAYS have a dual threat QB. It stresses the defense so much.
Always thought Urban was the best at seeing this.

He was basically mocking Wisconsin at halftime this year vs osu saying their qb was't a run threat so they probably wouldn't score enough to keep up. He truly sees it as the third part of the offense and a critical one and I think he's right. It doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson, but the threat has to be there and be fairly legitimate. JG has been a bit better this year at escaping and making plays.

5 concepts for optimal college offense
QB as a run threat
Tempo
Optionality
Simplicity
Space

Reactions: Catbone
Just got to throw that HATE in there. Why does it have to be that we Hate JG. I have never said I hate JG have you McGill? Now do I prefer another QB? Yes! Has JG played better the last two games? Yes! But I still don't know which JG is going to show up but it doesn't mean I hate him. GEEZ !

That statement was a general one about parts of our fanbase. Did I @ you or quote you when I said that? No. You're in denial if you don't think some of this fanbase hates or did hate JG at one point in this season. Some of the things I saw online said by our fanbase in reference to him were disgusting, and that's the truth.

The weather was #(*&@ and the dude just lost his grandmother 2 days prior. The game was delayed, which always messes with your psyche.

He started 0/6 and finished 6/17. Once he got settled, he was 6/11 which isn't horrible considering the weather conditions. Given how he has played to close the season, I'm treating that game as an outlier and I'm not a huge JG fan.
I want to expand on your comments.. As much as I dislike Vanderbilt.. Their DBs were hanging all over UTs WRs on several of those throws in the beginning, so one could factor in that as well..

I enjoy Cat's input on this board. Get tired of the junk talk. Only one who is annoying is OD but I even root for him to be right. lighten up.
I'd expect nothing less from someone who makes excuses for LBJ.

Light as a feather, my friend.

Always thought Urban was the best at seeing this.

He was basically mocking Wisconsin at halftime this year vs osu saying their qb was't a run threat so they probably wouldn't score enough to keep up. He truly sees it as the third part of the offense and a critical one and I think he's right. It doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson, but the threat has to be there and be fairly legitimate. JG has been a bit better this year at escaping and making plays.

5 concepts for optimal college offense
QB as a run threat
Tempo
Optionality
Simplicity
Space

I agree. Just the threat of a 3rd down scramble to pick up the first is huge even from a mental standpoint on defense must be so frustrating

VN Store

Back