'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

based on what? couple of planned trips? Michigan State and wherever else.

He trips to auburn or ga tech, we got problems.

Please.
So he would rather go to Auburn and compete with Bo Nix over Maurer? or he would rather go to Ga Tech who is also 1-4?

The only reason Bailey may take a couple other OVs .. is as an insurance policy in case Pruitt is fired. /thread

I guess nobody in here actually read the article?

He’s still solid with UT, believes in the coaching staff and still plans to enroll early in December

From a competitor’s mindset he believes we are 3-2 at worst with a real shot at being 4-1 with him at the helm. I don’t know why everyone is panicking here (yet).

So he would rather go to Auburn and compete with Bo Nix over Maurer? or he would rather go to Ga Tech who is also 1-4?

The only reason Bailey may take a couple other OVs .. is as an insurance policy in case Pruitt is fired. /thread

my pt was he will stay close.

also, if you've followed recruiting as long as i have (yes more of an indictment on me), you know all about #dat bagman.

I hate to say it again....but...
We can’t have nice things 😢😢😢

what in the hell are you all talking about? you and littlevol, et al. dude just told you its all good. not an interwebs toughguy, i just dont understand people pushing a false narrative. it just makes you look bad.
I guess nobody in here actually read the article?

He’s still solid with UT, believes in the coaching staff and still plans to enroll early in December

behind a pay wall.

there it is.

my pt was he will stay close.

also, if you've followed recruiting as long as i have (yes more of an indictment on me), you know all about #dat bagman.
I'm not ashamed to say I have followed recruiting since we had to get updates in magazines or newspapers .. Then listen to Bob Bell and Bill King on WLAC.

One other point .. Don't think the Auburn Bagman would have any effect on Bailey's or BJ Ojulari's recruitment. From everything I have read. neither of their Families would respond well to any school making Bagman offers.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I'm not ashamed to say I have followed recruiting since we had to get updates in magazines or newspapers .. Then listen to Bob Bell and Bill King on WLAC.

One other point .. Don't think the Auburn Bagman would have any effect on Bailey's or BJ Ojulari's recruitment. From everything I have read. neither of their Families would respond well to any school making Bagman offers.

magazine and newspaper updates. seems like yesterday, man i miss that annual issue of inside tennessee.

Jamie Newbergs show on local cable.

Again, my pt was to illustrate the hysteria around these 'trips' is ridiculous. This guy will play in ACC or SEC, not too far from home.

And #dat bagman is world renowned

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
based on what? couple of planned trips? Michigan State and wherever else.

He trips to auburn or ga tech, we got problems.

Please.
He’s going to visit Tech. They haven’t let up at all, still talk to him every week. Everyone else has come and gone. But, GT is in a much dismal state than UT. Not only losing, but expected to lose to teams like the Citadel. They won’t win a game the rest of the year and (might) win two games next year. Expect Gibbs to decommit now that he has offers.

He’s going to visit Tech. They haven’t let up at all, still talk to him every week. Everyone else has come and gone. But, GT is in a much dismal state than UT. Not only losing, but expected to lose to teams like the Citadel. They won’t win a game the rest of the year and (might) win two games next year. Expect Gibbs to decommit now that he has offers.
Whoever thought it would be a point of pride to have lost to Georgia State instead of the Citadel.

Reactions: scvolfan7
Think the John Ross PWO affects Gibbs? If he decommits do you think Ross keeps the PWO or does Tech pull it?

We have some young pieces in place that will develop. This class needs a couple more good commits, but Bailey stands poised to become a hero in Vol lore. It's a great opportunity for him to come in and electrify the team, turning around the worst decade in history. I'd be licking my chops.

We have some young pieces in place that will develop. This class needs a couple more good commits, but Bailey stands poised to become a hero in Vol lore. It's a great opportunity for him to come in and electrify the team, turning around the worst decade in history. I'd be licking my chops.
He's got to be better than anything on the roster right now. Hell, just complete half of your passes and don't turn it over every 20 plays (literally). The job is yours.

He sees day one opportunity here I'm sure.

And GT is going to suck for a few seasons. Paul Johnson was a good football coach, but the transition away from his triple-option offense was always going to be brutal. I don't see them being competitive until at least 2021 or 2022.

If we can get another good recruiting class, we can conceivably be competitive next year. Add a few more DL and the DL depth issues are not nearly as big. The youngsters on the OL will be improved. Our young LB corp will be better. About the only position group where we'll be worse next season is WR.

Reactions: feathersax
Gunner,

I said from BEFORE the season started. That Harrison Bailey was NOT going to be a Vol. Because of Brian Maurer.
Again I said this when Maurer was 3rd string and had 2ints in the spring game.

This Bailey kid was supposedly our centerpiece all bought in! Now he's " going to keep quiet, but might take some visits"

This didn't surprise me at all. He's not going to be a Vol.
So it’s 100% conjecture. Good to know.

Then Pruitt’s garbage! Said it! You don’t coach (or recruit) scared. You put your best players on the field every game.
I just don’t think Maurer had a full grasp of the offense and/or Pruitt was most concerned with not turning the ball over and saw JG as the safest play. Then JG did JG things, and the timeline worked well with Maurer’s progression.

I just don’t think Maurer had a full grasp of the offense and/or Pruitt was most concerned with not turning the ball over and saw JG as the safest play. Then JG did JG things, and the timeline worked well with Maurer’s progression.
Makes plays and points happen. Good HC’s learn to not outthink THEMSELVES.

And GT is going to suck for a few seasons. Paul Johnson was a good football coach, but the transition away from his triple-option offense was always going to be brutal. I don't see them being competitive until at least 2021 or 2022.

If we can get another good recruiting class, we can conceivably be competitive next year. Add a few more DL and the DL depth issues are not nearly as big. The youngsters on the OL will be improved. Our young LB corp will be better. About the only position group where we'll be worse next season is WR.
that's very optimistic. we're still thin at LB headed to next year and the DL will be a question mark until it's not. WR agreed....need some help, but good news about Johnson red shirting the rest of this year. we'll be breaking in new TE's too.....RB and OL should be good tho and that's a good place to start. we'll see about QB...don't even want to hazard a guess there at this point.

db's and safety should be fine.

6 or 7 wins will be the flavor of the day going in to next year too.....

Makes plays and points happen. Good HC’s learn to not outthink THEMSELVES.

Looks like Maurer improved a lot over the bye week and week of practice leading up to GA. Chaney was babysitting him the entire 2 weeks. Chaney has lots of input on the starting QB and I trust he knows what he's doing there.

Reactions: VolSummitt44
Looks like Maurer improved a lot over the bye week and week of practice leading up to GA. Chaney was babysitting him the entire 2 weeks. Chaney has lots of input on the starting QB and I trust he knows what he's doing there.
glad we have another bye this year then......would love to get another 15 practices in bowl prep. that could go a long way for this teams' development headed to next spring.

VN Store

Back