'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I just returned from the future. Y'all are gonna love what I read a few weeks from now.....

"He got a B for his participation grade in English class last week. Obviously has some grade issues that we weren't aware of prior and that is we we are dropping him from the rankings completely."

- 24/7 on August 15, 2019

Lol it shows he's 210 on 247 rankings.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist there must be some real reason for the drop. I just wonder if we’re overlooking something about him that’s obvious to 247. In 2 or 3 years will we look back and say, “Well, 247 kept dropping him and now we know why”...

I’m not a conspiracy theorist there must be some real reason for the drop. I just wonder if we’re overlooking something about him that’s obvious to 247. In 2 or 3 years will we look back and say, “Well, 247 kept dropping him and now we know why”...
They've constantly said he's a statue. Not sure what else you're looking for here.

If there is, I'm sure as hell not seeing. He's had solid camp outings this year (e.g. Rivals Five Star Challenge, The Opening, Elite 11) according to everyone but the a select few 247 analysts. His numbers against that level of competition in GA the last few years speaks for itself. I just can't even fathom this kid being ranked that poorly.

Reactions: Easttnken

This is all very possible...But Rivals has watched the same guy, through camps and tape, and have him as #43 overall. I realize that folks can have differing opinions on a player. But, #43 to #210 is discrepancy that is, at the very least, a bit confusing.

Yet Rivals is seeing the opposite and likely going to bump him up even higher, maybe even a 5th star.

They've constantly said he's a statue. Not sure what else you're looking for here.

Even if he’s a statue that’s too far to drop for that reason alone. Why was he so high to begin with?

Yet Rivals is seeing the opposite and likely going to bump him up even higher, maybe even a 5th star.

Makes it even more confusing. It’d be awesome if we could get an NFL scout or two to weigh in.

I read some criticism that his long toss at Elite 11 was in the 50's, I want to say 53, but it might have been 57. That's by no means a predictor of success but it is a measurable and some guys will bust 70 with that, though no one this year did. The only other criticism I've read besides that and the statue thing is that some of his peers supposedly don't like him, he rubs them the wrong way. Not that surprising though for a highly ranked QB from the 9th grade forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
I read some criticism that his long toss at Elite 11 was in the 50's, I want to say 53, but it might have been 57. That's by no means a predictor of success but it is a measurable and some guys will bust 70 with that, though no one this year did. The only other criticism I've read besides that and the statue thing is that some of his peers supposedly don't like him, he rubs them the wrong way. Not that surprising though for a highly ranked QB from the 9th grade forward.
I think he threw it 58 yards..which as a high school senior is great..in college he should get it up to 65 or so..he ranked 2nd on velocity

Reactions: Jack Burton
Everyone wants to talk about his drop overall but neglect the positive in him moving up 2 spots to #3 Pro Style.
Where do you see this at? Rivals has had him as the #2 PS qb, but 247 now has him at #5 and composite now at #4. This was a 247 update.

How and why did they drop HB? Honestly I'm seriously questioning there is a legit correlation between UT commits and ranking drops. They even dropped Keyshawn Lawrence.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Bailey was at the 5 stars challenge as well, right? They are probably going off his performance there but no reason at the Opening for Bailey to drop, should get a bump from both sites. I sometimes wonder if these guys have preconceived notions and look for selection bias?

VN Store

Back