'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I was just wondering if we were supposed to panic now. Truthfully, I’m just dreading the multiple posts that are coming that “this staff blew it, doesn’t know how to close, I knew we shouldn’t have offered another QB, etc” from the usual suspects before we even know what the tweet is about. Here, I’ll get it started, this coaching staff are professional and are paid to know what they are doing.
Premature excoriation. But true. :)

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
I was just wondering if we were supposed to panic now. Truthfully, I’m just dreading the multiple posts that are coming that “this staff blew it, doesn’t know how to close, I knew we shouldn’t have offered another QB, etc” from the usual suspects before we even know what the tweet is about. Here, I’ll get it started, this coaching staff are professional and are paid to know what they are doing.
The Kongbo Tweet was priceless.

Good Lord with our luck we will alienate our current commit while chasing another and end up with neither.

Part of me thinks there's no way that scenario would play out but the BVS is screaming at me!

Reactions: PA Vol
Good Lord with our luck we will alienate our current commit while chasing another and end up with neither.

Part of me thinks there's no way that scenario would play out but the BVS is screaming at me!
🤣😂🤣 Coach has the right to recruit 2 QBs in the same class...competition over loyalty

Reactions: Devo182
Y’all are ridiculous

tenor.gif

Reactions: Devo182
I’m not a fan of recruiting Haynes King unless the staff is absolutely certain Bailey stays with UT even with King. Bailey is elite and is from Georgia, part of our natural recruiting footprint, whereas Texas is not part of our recruiting footprint. We may pull a player or two out of Texas every few years but we aren’t going to routinely beat Texas, A&M, or Oklahoma for players they want out of Texas. I think Bailey helps with other players we want whereas I don’t see that being the case with King. All in all, I think it’s risky and I think the risk outweighs the potential rewards with King.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I’m not a fan of recruiting Haynes King unless the staff is absolutely certain Bailey stays with UT even with King. Bailey is elite and is from Georgia, part of our natural recruiting footprint, whereas Texas is not part of our recruiting footprint. We may pull a player or two out of Texas every few years but we aren’t going to routinely beat Texas, A&M, or Oklahoma for players they want out of Texas. I think Bailey helps with other players we want whereas I don’t see that being the case with King. All in all, I think it’s risky and I think the risk outweighs the potential rewards with King.
Thanks coach!

For all the chicken littles - what is the ABSOLUTE WORST-CASE 2020 cycle situation here?

We lose Bailey and King goes elsewhere.

Then what? Well...we obviously have JG starting in 2020 no matter what. Then we have a full cycle to try and get an elite recruit. Meanwhile, we (likely, considering we took 0 QBs in the 2020 class in this scenario) still have a 4th year Shrout and 3rd year Maurer. Not exactly panic mode. Not at all.

But if you want to win BIG, you m-u-s-t have an elite QB (unless you are recruiting consecutive top-3 classes, that sort of thing). Taking multiple guys only increases your odds. Just look at Fromm at UGA. If they had passed on him, because they already had the GOAT in Eason...they would have been FUZZED in 2017. Take everyone you can, let them compete. Base your program on competition, not fearful, withering, dimming hope.

Shoot - remember when some here thought we were overloading by getting both Dormady and JG? If JG hadn't come here...man are immediate outlook would look dark right now.

Staff knows they need 2 QBs this class... Why in the world would they recruit a lesser QB to pair with Bailey?

People still believe in the 2017's class mythology of "recruiting for depth". There is no such thing. You recruit starters and winners, not benchwarmers.

Some want Bailey and then a mid-high 3* to pair with him...redshirt and sit around and give Bailey zero real competition. It is fear-based recruiting. Sorry, but that's not how Bama and UGA, our strongest rivals, will recruit. That is how we WISH they would recruit. Then their starter gets injured or leaves and they are fuzzed. Sounds wonderful for our enemies, not for us.

People still believe in the 2017's class mythology of "recruiting for depth". There is no such thing. You recruit starters and winners, not benchwarmers.

Some want Bailey and then a mid-high 3* to pair with him...redshirt and sit around and give Bailey zero real competition. It is fear-based recruiting. Sorry, but that's not how Bama and UGA, our strongest rivals, will recruit. That is how we WISH they would recruit. Then their starter gets injured or leaves and they are fuzzed. Sounds wonderful for our enemies, not for us.
To be fair, if Bama runs off a highly rated 4*, bet there backup plan is a little different than ours.

Amirite?

giphy-7.gif

VN Store

Back