'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT commit 11.29.18)

snowvols

I live in the city of Marietta and my kids are in the Marietta city school system where he is now playing. He was at Hillgrove last year and transferred into Marietta after we hired the coach from Oscar Smith in VA. As an eighth grader last year he picked up an offer from Miami and has since gotten offers from Bama, LSU, UNC, and a lot of other schools. He has won the starting job and will more than likely be a four year starter here. I have watched some of the 7 on 7 from this summer and he throws a perfect ball and his arm is ridiculous. He is supposedly a pretty good runner too.

BigOrangeTrain

I live in the city of Marietta and my kids are in the Marietta city school system where he is now playing. He was at Hillgrove last year and transferred into Marietta after we hired the coach from Oscar Smith in VA. As an eighth grader last year he picked up an offer from Miami and has since gotten offers from Bama, LSU, UNC, and a lot of other schools. He has won the starting job and will more than likely be a four year starter here. I have watched some of the 7 on 7 from this summer and he throws a perfect ball and his arm is ridiculous. He is supposedly a pretty good runner too.
I am unfamiliar with HS competition level but I was wondering what kind of competition does his HS play? I know there are a lot of elite level HS in Georgia.

snowvols

I am unfamiliar with HS competition level but I was wondering what kind of competition does his HS play? I know there are a lot of elite level HS in Georgia.
Georgia is going to 7A this year and Marietta is in there. They are in the same region as McEachern, Hillgrove, and North Cobb so they are in there with some power schools. I believe that Derek Tinsley was retained a RB coach for Marietta.

KokoBVol

Birdman flies in any weather
Georgia is going to 7A this year and Marietta is in there. They are in the same region as McEachern, Hillgrove, and North Cobb so they are in there with some power schools. I believe that Derek Tinsley was retained a RB coach for Marietta.
James"Friday"Richards still there?

DoubleDawg

Because good coaches tailor their teams to their players.
Just delete this thread. Like the other guy said. Butch can't entice Trevor Lawrence, a lifelong UT fan, to sign, you need to understand the film is out there and Pro style kids don't want to play for him.

I truly believe Butch had Emory Jones higher on his board than Lawrence. And for good reason, he can run his offense. Makes perfect sense. No use trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

Might be me trolling a little, but the statements are my sincere opinions.

Last edited:

BaldBiker

Common sense is overrated
Just delete this thread. Like the other guy said. Butch can't entice Trevor Lawrence, a lifelong UT fan, to sign, you need to understand the film is out there and Pro style kids don't want to play for him.

I truly believe Butch had Emory Jones higher on his board than Lawrence. And for good reason, he can run his offense. Makes perfect sense. No use trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

Meh....I'm ok with your post. You're a GA fan. It should be expected. Others will probably roast you for it. To be honest though. I'll be ok with that too.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there

I'm sure you've studied hours upon hours of film on the :victory: QBs Butch has had run his offense AT Tennessee in three years (no, Nate Peterman doesn't count). You've managed to scientifically eliminate the possibility that Dobbs was just that much superior to Worley and the offense was geared to HIS strengths. Whereas I haven't spent one second of a crap wondering how our former tunnel vision OC is going to underutilize your running backs when it's nut cutting time..."sincerely" I haven't. :)

BigOrangeTrain

I'm sure you've studied hours upon hours of film on the :victory: QBs Butch has had run his offense AT Tennessee in three years (no, Nate Peterman doesn't count). You've managed to scientifically eliminate the possibility that Dobbs was just that much superior to Worley and the offense was geared to HIS strengths. Whereas I haven't spent one second of a crap wondering how our former tunnel vision OC is going to underutilize your running backs when it's nut cutting time..."sincerely" I haven't. :)
Dobbs- pro style QB

Dormady- pro style QB

JG- dual threat QB

SJ- dusl threat QB

Seems like Butch likes to have a good mix. Also, who gives two damns about what some worthless rival team fan thinks? Screw him and the mentally challenged bulldog he rode in on.

snowvols

He did transfer to a school that will be running an offense almost identical to the one Tennessee runs.

Ethan Hooper

Well if you want to troll, perhaps you should read my post a few more times until you fully understand it. My post wasn't about Butch's chances of landing a top pro style quarterback or that quarterback's interest in playing in Butch's system. The previous poster asked why Butch would offer a pro style quarterback, and I gave my opinion.

VN Store

Sponsors