'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

So interesting that his Dad is a Knoxville native who went to Hall High. Still has a ton of family in the area, and Dad still is a season ticket holder despite not being able to make alot of games lately(don't blame him). Put a bow on this one, Christmas about to come early
Ain't no way a Halls Vandagriff gonna let this kid go anywhere but Tennessee

Reactions: 901LookAlive
“I would say they’re definitely at the top, if not the top, because me and my dad were talking. If I’m taking my time out of my day or whatever, especially missing school to go look at your school, then you’re a high priority,” said Vandagriff. “It’s to the point where I’ve seen all the weight rooms. I’ve seen all the facilities, stuff like that. I’m trying to build relationships now, because that’s really what it’s down to now, is just the relationships and the interactions between coaches and players. “I’m not mesmerized by all the flashy stuff now. If I’m visiting you now, that means you have a really high priority on my list.”

“I love the way they’re all buying into the process because of Coach Pruitt, his weight-room staff, his (offensive coordinator), his (defensive coordinator). And Coach Sherrer has been telling me that for about a year, so hats off to Coach Sherrer because he’s been telling me since the start,” Vandagriff said, referring to Tennessee inside linebackers coach Kevin Sherrer, his area recruiter for the Vols. “He was like, ‘Tennessee football is not where we want it right now. It’s not where other people want it to be right now. But we’re turning this thing around.’ And they’re all telling me that they’re about one or two recruiting cycles away from being right to where they want to be, competing for national championships and stuff like that. “And I believe them on that, too, because I think they’re around one or two cycles away from them being, like, legit championship contenders.”

“We went to the little team meeting they had and the quarterback meeting, so that was interesting, seeing the way (quarterbacks) coach (Chris) Weinke interacted with the players and stuff like that and what they do, like, for install periods,” Vandagriff said. “I loved that the practice was uptempo because it keeps everyone engaged. Everyone was doing something. All the quarterbacks were always doing something. There’s no sitting around. I liked that. And I liked the way that Coach Pruitt, he was involved with almost everyone out there. He really cares about the players.”

Weinke, Chaney and Pruitt all talked with Vandagriff while he was on campus. “They all relayed to me that I’m one of their main dudes for 2021, and they’d like to have me come out and play and stuff like that,” he said. “And I’m high on their board. They like me there. They like the whole aspect that my aunt lives there and my dad went there — stuff like that.”

mom is Auburn and he's been to more Auburn games. something to watch?

mom is Auburn and he's been to more Auburn games. something to watch?
Auburn is just over an hour from Atlanta while Knoxville is 3-4 hours from Atlanta. Distant might be a reason. Auburn also had winning sesons the last two years. We will be winners this year and playing on a more level field. Don,t worry, be happy.

Auburn is just over an hour from Atlanta while Knoxville is 3-4 hours from Atlanta. Distant might be a reason. Auburn also had winning sesons the last two years. We will be winners this year and playing on a more level field. Don,t worry, be happy.

He lives in metro Athens which is almost 3 hours from Auburn.

So interesting that his Dad is a Knoxville native who went to Hall High. Still has a ton of family in the area, and Dad still is a season ticket holder despite not being able to make alot of games lately(don't blame him). Put a bow on this one, Christmas about to come early

Good chance I played against his dad, so I’m going to claim “insider” status here.

Ask me anything

He lives in metro Athens which is almost 3 hours from Auburn.
According to Google, it takes less than 2 hours. I lived in the Atlanta area for 40 years and went to Auburn several times to ball games and to visit my nephew was is a Professor @ Auburn and the only times it took more than 2hours was when there was construction or an accident.

According to Google, it takes less than 2 hours. I lived in the Atlanta area for 40 years and went to Auburn several times to ball games and to visit my nephew was is a Professor @ Auburn and the only times it took more than 2hours was when there was construction or an accident.

I think the previous poster mentioned that he lives in Athens. Google says Bogart is 2 hours 43 minutes to Auburn. Also 4 hours 3 minutes to Knoxville via 75. I go to Athens a lot, and I do much better time wise going the back way (411)

I think the previous poster mentioned that he lives in Athens. Google says Bogart is 2 hours 43 minutes to Auburn. Also 4 hours 3 minutes to Knoxville via 75. I go to Athens a lot, and I do much better time wise going the back way (411)
411 is closer and faster. I have kids and grand kids in the Atlanta area and travel there much more than I would like.

You do understand that Atlanta and Athens are two separate towns? The words kind of look similiar but they're 70 minutes apart and I'm not really sure what the confusion/disconnect is?

You do understand that Atlanta and Athens are two separate towns? The words kind of look similiar but they're 70 minutes apart and I'm not really sure what the confusion/disconnect is?

I believe atlanta is a suburb of the greater athens area, or at least that's how it is represented nominally, macro or micro.

VN Store

Back