'21 GA QB Brock Vandagriff (uga commit)

For the second year in a row, Vandagriff showed up ready to compete and left as the MVP for the quarterbacks. This was a strong quarterback field, loaded with Power 5 prospects, and Vandagriff again stood out from start to finish. He flashed the strong arm, showed touch and not only left as the MVP, but earned an invite to the Rivals100 Five-star Challenge. He is only a sophomore, so it is easy to see why he is one of the most signal callers in the 2021 class. Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma and Tennessee are some of the schools on his list.
-Rivals

Reactions: quadlee21
That was Chris Vandergriff. He retired from teaching at Halls High in 2012. I had him myself and he tried to convince me to go out for wrestling as a freshman in high school.

There may be a connection with the QB Vandagriff and his dad in Knoxville, but I don't think this is it.

Yep. I grew up in Halls and went there until freshman sophomore year in '97 when I moved to Powell.

Lots of Vandergriffs in Halls but don't remember any Vandagriffs.

From a poster on VQ..”Brock father is Greg- also Head coach at his school. Greg was 3 grades above me and a good player at Halls here in Knoxville.”
And Simonton followed up with...”Yup and his sister and other family still live right outside Knoxville. UT will be a factor for Brock all the way until he makes a decision.”

I mentioned recently how cocky the Clemson rivals writers can be. Here's a good example from an article today talking about BV...

A preemptive disclaimer we might have to repeat multiple times: Just because we’re about to reference another quarterback does not mean to read anything unfavorable into Clemson’s standing with Uiagalelei. We good? OK, moving on …Whether the Tigers land their ace in this class stands to impact their chances with the nearby candidate we feel will be a top-ranked candidate for the following cycle.

Bogart (Ga.) Prince Avenue Christian 2021 quarterback Brock Vandagriff won the position MVP honors at Friday night’s Rivals 3 Stripe Camp in Atlanta over a handful of other decorated passers, including Tennessee four-star commitment Harrison Bailey, LSU four-star commitment Max Johnson and fellow underclassmen Aaron McLaughlin, Gunner Stockton and Carlos Del Rio.

We felt Vandagriff (6-3, 198) was the real deal going in, and such sentiment is stronger now. Not Trevor Lawrence future No. 1 overall NFL Draft pick real deal, but superior to others like Hunter Johnson or Bo Nix whom we’ve previously scouted in this setting. Clemson has yet to offer a 2021 quarterback, as its typical mode of operation would be to get the 2020 target in the fold before handpicking one or two guys to go after next. Recall, Uiagalelei got Clemson’s first and only real quarterback offer last summer – well after others had offered, but also only after the Tigers had netted
Taisun Phommachanh in April.

Vandagriff competed at the Dabo Swinney Camp last June, too, and has continued drawing quarterback coach Brandon Streeter’s attention. He returned for the Louisville game and then visited again for an early March spring practice. We picked up returns last month that nabbing Uiagalelei would likely take Clemson out of the picture with Vandagriff, and that remains the case. Per our info, though, we believe Oklahoma – and not UGA -- has emerged as the team to beat for Vandagriff after his extended unofficial visit to Norman later last month.

Furthermore, Clemson stands as the Sooners’ greatest challenger should the Tigers offer and miss on Uiagalelei. It’s tough to stack elite quarterback on top of elite quarterback for understandable reason. But Clemson keeps putting itself in the mix to do so.

VQ podcast discussed VB, Simonton and Price saw him at ATL Rivals camp over the weekend and they said Harrison Bailey was very good but this kid was definitely the best QB on the field all day. ELITE. They said he really likes OU but that distance is a very real factor and look for him to stay close so grandparents can watch him play. UT, UGA and Auburn were mentioned as early favorites (no mention of Clemson). And his family ties to Knoxville will help the Vols. Going to be a battle for the Top QB in 2021...

Yeah it looks good for us but if Harrison is as good as advertised then that could be a detractor for us. They’ve mentioned several times that Brock will look towards the depth chart in his selection.

Could come down to who UGA and AU land in their ‘20 class compared to us.

If he’s as good as they say then he won’t care. Trevor Lawrence didn’t care who was at Clemson including Bryant. He will look at it but let’s say it Bailey for us. He will either come and beat him out or Bailey will turn pro early cause he’s great and then griff goes a year or two. Hard to get two great ones in the same class BUT if you are winning and have a good O then you can stack them one at a time every year with one per class.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah it looks good for us but if Harrison is as good as advertised then that could be a detractor for us. They’ve mentioned several times that Brock will look towards the depth chart in his selection.

Could come down to who UGA and AU land in their ‘20 class compared to us.
Possibly. If Bailey is penciled in as our starter when this kid comes out and he’s already outperformed him in camp, I would think that would make him pretty confident in being able to compete for the starting position.

VQ podcast discussed VB, Simonton and Price saw him at ATL Rivals camp over the weekend and they said Harrison Bailey was very good but this kid was definitely the best QB on the field all day. ELITE. They said he really likes OU but that distance is a very real factor and look for him to stay close so grandparents can watch him play. UT, UGA and Auburn were mentioned as early favorites (no mention of Clemson). And his family ties to Knoxville will help the Vols. Going to be a battle for the Top QB in 2021...
I hope @OLB19_76 doesn't see this. He'll lose his mind.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I hope @OLB19_76 doesn't see this. He'll lose his mind.
I'm sure if your kid was a elite football recruit you'd go hard for him as well. Especially if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. This is a chicken sh*t comment. Rivals evaluaters suck a** and if you take anything they say seriously then bless your heart. We have 2 mid major QB's as underclassmen on our roster. Bailey can't enroll fast enough

I'm sure if your kid was a elite football recruit you'd go hard for him as well. Especially if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. This is a chicken sh*t comment. Rivals evaluaters suck a** and if you take anything they say seriously then bless your heart. We have 2 mid major QB's as underclassmen on our roster. Bailey can't enroll fast enough
Calm down Mr. Bailey, I was joking.

VN Store

Back