'25 GA QB Antwaan Hill

One of the main developments from Tennessee’s “Night at Neyland” Camp on Saturday evening involved an impressive young quarterback earning an offer from the Vols. Class of 2025 signal-caller Antwann Hill%20Jr. certainly looked like a prospect whose future is bright and caught the eyes of Tennessee’s coaches. The rising sophomore at Houston County High School in Warner Robins, Ga., admitted his interest in Tennessee is “very high now” after the offer from a team whose offense and quarterback caught his attention last fall.

Hill checked in at nearly 6-foot-4 and 195 pounds, and he demonstrated a strong, accurate arm and showed good poise in the camp setting. After the camp concluded, he spoke with Tennessee quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle and offensive coordinator Alex Golesh. Then came a chat with head coach Josh Heupel.

Tennessee is the 10th offer for Hill, who also has early offers from Georgia, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern and Florida Atlantic.

“It meant a lot,” Hill told GoVols247 after the offer. “Really just how they keep things simple here and just keep it smooth, it doesn’t make things hard for me. I felt love, actually, because after I did something wrong, they corrected me and they taught me things that I could add on my game.”

Naturally, Hill during the camp wore a No. 5 jersey, the same number as current Tennessee quarterback Hendon Hooker. Hill believes he and Hooker have similar games, and he enjoyed the chance to get some coaching from Hooker. The similarities between what the Vols are running under Heupel and what Hill runs in high school also had him intrigued with Tennessee going into the camp.

“We run the same offense as them, like exactly the same offense,” Hill said. “I watched a bunch of clips of them to see what I can do better. I watch Hendon Hook a lot to model his game, too. … He was coaching me up on some little things, teaching me pocket-movement drills, getting my hip through and stuff like that.”

Hill camped at Clemson on Friday and views those showings as an opportunity to compete against other players at his position, but he felt he performed well at Tennessee.

“Really just to compete against other good quarterbacks and just catch the coaches’ eye,” he said. “I did meet the head coach and started a relationship to grow for later on. It was good (talking with Heupel). He was telling me how, in the future, how they do things around here and how simple and easy they keep things.”

Hill indicated he’d like to return to Tennessee perhaps for a game this fall and said the Vols are on his radar even more following the offer.
“It’s very high now,” he said. “Since the new coaches moved in, we run the exact same offense, so when I get here it’s going to be easy for me.”
-Brown

He may not be done growing since he just finished his freshman year of high school. '25 could be an interesting class depending on how Nico's little brother develops.
I coached against him and coached him for a couple years in travel football. Both Parents are pretty tall so I won't be surprised if AJ gets to 6'5 - 6'6. He can run really well but I wouldn't call him a running QB. His dad was also a coach, so he is ahead of the curve for his age. He can make every throw on the field. He was honestly throwing the ball 50-60 yards at 11yrs old. I ran an up tempo offense. We never huddled & we used every blade of grass on the field. His arm talent is special, Kirby offered him in the 8th grade. That age group he was in is absolutely loaded. If I'm CJH I'm recruiting Middle GA hard for the class of 2025.

I coached against him and coached him for a couple years in travel football. Both Parents are pretty tall so I won't be surprised if AJ gets to 6'5 - 6'6. He can run really well but I wouldn't call him a running QB. His dad was also a coach, so he is ahead of the curve for his age. He can make every throw on the field. He was honestly throwing the ball 50-60 yards at 11yrs old. I ran an up tempo offense. We never huddled & we used every blade of grass on the field. His arm talent is special, Kirby offered him in the 8th grade. That age group he was in is absolutely loaded. If I'm CJH I'm recruiting Middle GA hard for the class of 2025.
Never heard of travel football. When do they play games?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Never heard of travel football. When do they play games?
Its basically Pop Warner but it's on another level. Every kid on the team would be a top 3-5 player on a regular rec center team. It's the AAU version of football so instead of playing youth teams from your neighborhood they play other youth teams from all across the country. They even got nationals. It's played during football season like all levels lol

From Ga Rivals:

wcnia9f8dcp3zrszf9tn

ANTWANN
HILL

UNDECIDED
6'5" | 215 LBS | PRO QB | 2025
HOUSTON COUNTY
WARNER ROBINS, GA
N/A

Hill checks all the boxes for a top quarterback target. He has the size at 6-foot-5 and 215 pounds. He has a cannon for an arm. Unlike other targets, Hill also has longstanding connections to Athens. He is the nephew of former Georgia center Trey Hill and has been around the Georgia program for years. Hill has been in Athens multiple times. He has developed strong relationship with Kirby Smart, Todd Monken, and other members of the Georgia staff. At this point, he looks like the top target at his position.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back