‘23 GA OT Shamurad Umarov (Tennessee commit)

Tennessee hosted Umarov on the final weekend of January before the dead period started. He likes what he hears from the Vols and Glen Elarbee. He is intrigued by the offense and plans to see the Vols again in the Spring. Despite not having a clear group of front-runners, Tennessee is close to the top at this point. Glen Elarbee has a strong relationship with Umarov's high school coach, and this is one of the factors that have the Vols squarely in the mix for the Denmark (Ga.) standout.
- Matt Ray

"I learned a good bit during that visit," Umarov said of the recent trip to Tennessee. "I got to sit down with Coach Elarbee and some of his assistants and talk about how I can improve my game...I really liked that they broke down my game," Umarov said. "Everyone has been talking me up, but for them to sit down and break my game down was really cool. It showed me what I could get better at and work on, and it gave me something to work towards. I was able to learn a few things from them as well. It was awesome."

Despite spending time on where Umarov can improve his game before getting to college, there is no doubt that the Vols like what he brings as a player. "They like my versatility and how big I am," the 6'6", 300lbs tackle prospect said. "They like my footwork, and of course, I can improve on a couple of things, but to be able to do what I do, they really like that."

Peach State OL Shamurad Umarov Talks Vols

What does his personal trainer not having an ounce of body fat have to do with Trevor?
Seems pretty simple. He has been working Trevor for years. He was never fat and now weighs about 275 pounds and is really strong. If fact, he still works with him and expects he will play at about 285-290 next Fall. Of course you are just being who you are so it really doesn’t mean very much with your comments.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner

VN Store

Back