‘23 GA OT Shamurad Umarov (Tennessee commit)

A bunch of rookies in here, if he’s a 4* on on any of the recruiting sites then he’s a 4* player.
Been riding that rookie cart since the mid-80’s recruiting wise. Never really got on it all in since the Egghead Virgins started informing us who was good. 😎

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Historically, the recruiting sites struggle most with ranking OL's. Seldom do they play against competition that allows for a good eval. Much of what makes an OL great is intangible. OL's are more often built than discovered. Great OL recruiters have a knack for seeing potential.

From a Georgia site:

ATHENS - It was a big weekend for Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs last weekend as some top commitments and targets from across the country fled to the Classic City to take in Athens and check out the Georgia program.

New offensive line coach Stacy Searels had a big in-state lineman in town in 4-star OT Shamurad Umarov‍.

The Denmark (GA) standout has grown into one of the top tackle prospects in Georgia the past several months and still has his best football ahead of him. He holds a slew of offers and told Dawg Post that he was able to connect with coach Searels and coach Smart during his visit.

“My first impression of Coach Searels was back when I visited UNC”, Umarov said. “But seeing him again where I’ve been living for basically my whole life was awesome. I got to drive down an hour to spend the whole day with someone I see as a good friend already.”

“It was really cool to meet with coach Smart as well”, Umarov said. “We got to sit with him and just get to know him and his goal. lt was awesome.”

A tough tackle prospect with plenty of size, Umarov plays for a winning program at Denmark and knows what an intense practice looks like. The big 6-foot-6 300-pounder said he loved what he saw at Georgia’s practice last weekend.

“I loved the tempo and pace of the practices”, Umarov said. “They were so quick with transitioning and making sure not to waste any bit of time. Everyone was doing something every second.”

The Forsyth County star is a major Tennessee target, and he holds many other D1 offers as well, but if Searles continues to push for Umarov at Georgia, the in-state Bulldogs could be tough to beat in the end.

Seems we been hearing alot more lately that Smart is engaging with recruits more personally now.Georgia knows what we're cooking over here and they want ZERO part of us.Their gonna be a pain in the ass intentionally.Even if they maybe aren't as high as we are on someone just bringing kids in and giving them reasons to think twice won't help.Ill be happy when we win the East and put them back n the pound.Yea yea I said win the East 😉

From ga Rivals:

Umarov is a bit of a late bloomer in this class. He just earned his offer from Georgia on Jan. 28. Like Freeling, Searels had been recruiting him at North Carolina before coming to Georgia. Umarov visited Athens on March 19. Tennessee, Michigan State, and others are involved.

From Rivals:

SHAMURAD
UMAROV

More than just the football environment, the 6-foot-6, 310-pound offensive tackle from Alpharetta (Ga.) Denmark loved the campus feel at Auburn. He liked the football side, too, especially with how together and tight the coaches are and he loved watching position coach Will Friend get after it with his players.

Auburn and Michigan State are starting to stand out but Georgia and Tennessee have caught his eye as well. Umarov is also hitting it off with Brad Davis at LSU so the Tigers can’t be counted out yet, either.

VN Store

Back