‘23 GA OT Shamurad Umarov (Tennessee commit)

What are the chances of him starting?

My opinion, less than 1% (assuming you mean next season). For most lineman, especially in the SEC, they need that first year to develop and get stronger. Unless his name is Trey Smith.

I think Sham will have a chance in 2024 to start. I like our young OTs, a lot of competition and all of those kids are athletic and have good size. Keep in mind, if Mincey continues to improve, RT will be the only tackle position that will have open competition going forward. Mincey still has 3 years left.

My opinion, less than 1% (assuming you mean next season). For most lineman, especially in the SEC, they need that first year to develop and get stronger. Unless his name is Trey Smith.

I think Sham will have a chance in 2024 to start. I like our young OTs, a lot of competition and all of those kids are athletic and have good size. Keep in mind, if Mincey continues to improve, RT will be the only tackle position that will have open competition going forward. Mincey still has 3 years left.
3 years to play 2. Class of 2020 who hasn't used his redshirt.

John Campbell has 2 years left I'm pretty sure. Sham can play inside too tho

I looked it up, he did RS but it was in 2020. Since that year doesn't count he should have 3 years left I think.

@butchna after thinking about it you still may be right. Even though he RS he has 3 years to play 2. The RS would be "thrown out" so he could technically RS again.

Hell idk lol.

Last edited:
@butchna after thinking about it you still may be right. Even though he RS he has 3 years to play 2. The RS would be "throwned out" so he could technically RS again.

Hell idk lol.
2020 didn't count. Played 10 games in 2021 for Florida and we witnessed 2022. Two seasons of playing eligibility.

Reactions: JT3

VN Store

Back