'22 GA OT Maurice Clipper Jr (Tennessee signee)

Not just BOOM but...

tenor.gif

Tennessee has landed a key member of the 2022 recruiting class. Clipper has been one of Glen Elarbee's top targets from day one, and he is a highly underrated offensive lineman. He exploded following a junior season where he did not allow a sack against some of the toughest competition in the country in 7A Georgia football. He goes against the nation's top 2023 prospect, Lebbeus Overton, every day in practice, and it shows. Clipper is a natural athlete with a background in basketball, and he has impeccable footwork. He has room to grow, and he can be a swingman across the front five.
Just In: Tennessee Lands Commitment of Peach State OL Mo Clipper

Clipper also had no penalties called on him last season (12 games).

Last edited:
”I picked Tennessee because of the relationships I built with the coaching staff and the at-home feeling I got while on my visit,” said Clipper, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 26 interior offensive lineman in the 2022 class and the No. 66 rising senior from the state of Georgia.

“The coaches (were) welcoming with open arms, and I enjoyed my time in Tennessee.”

“They’re recruiting me as a tackle right now. They see me as a tackle, but I could play both (tackle and guard). It just depends on the depth chart.”

“Coach Heupel also did a really good job just making me feel wanted and stuff while I was on my visit,” Clipper said.

During his official visit to Knoxville, he said he “liked just the feel I got” there “and the vibe of the city.” He said the opportunity to play in the SEC also helped to separate Tennessee from some of his other top choices “because the SEC is known for really good football and competition.”

“That definitely helped Tennessee’s case,” said Clipper, who also took official visits to Louisville and Virginia Tech last weekend.
callahan

I love it when opposing coaches tell players that Knoxville is a little hick town and there is nothing to do there. Then the players actually experience a robust metropolitan city in a beautiful area. Our staff needs to ask the players what else did they lie to you about Tennessee? There is a reason opposing coaches do not want recruits to visit UT.

I love it when opposing coaches tell players that Knoxville is a little hick town and there is nothing to do there. Then the players actually experience a robust metropolitan city in a beautiful area. Our staff needs to ask the players what else did they lie to you about Tennessee? There is a reason opposing coaches do not want recruits to visit UT.
I’ve seen a couple recruits speak specifically on how Knoxville surprised them being a good sized city with lots to do and also having tons of outdoor things to do in the surrounding area. Really something for everyone.

Knoxville has more Waffle House's per square mile than any other town in the south. Throw in we have plenty of IHOP, Bob Evans and Cracker Barrels in the area for a breakfast change of pace. Knoxville also still has a good lineup of steak houses.

Let opposing coaches rant. The only argument they have now is the fewer strip clubs Knoxville has. The loss of Th Catch is going to be a problem.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Knoxville has more Waffle House's per square mile than any other town in the south. Throw in we have plenty of IHOP, Bob Evans and Cracker Barrels in the area for a breakfast change of pace. Knoxville also still has a good lineup of steak houses.

Let opposing coaches rant. The only argument they have now is the fewer strip clubs Knoxville has. The loss of Th Catch is going to be a problem.
Not if Momma comes along for the visit.

VN Store

Back