'22 GA OT Maurice Clipper Jr (Tennessee signee)

This guy is proof that rankings don’t mean a thing this year….. he is ranked lower than Brian grant who is fairly new to football.
That equally means the same for Grant, meaning we won’t know what we have with these kids until they suit up in Orange. Can’t wait.

Reactions: onevol74
That equally means the same for Grant, meaning we won’t know what we have with these kids until they suit up in Orange. Can’t wait.
I agree with that…. Just more understandable for grants rating to be lower than the guy that just got a Bama offer…. I am so pumped for the football season to start.

We’re going to need some top notch coaching, development, and scheming. Just who we are and what we are right now. Saddle up, and let’s enjoy the ride.
It was expected with a brand new staff that doesn't have a ton of ties in SEC country. Score some points, knock off some teams and wrap up the investigation. 2023 class will be back to our standards. Still, I don't see many slouches in this class so far.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
It was expected with a brand new staff that doesn't have a ton of ties in SEC country. Score some points, knock off some teams and wrap up the investigation. 2023 class will be back to our standards. Still, I don't see many slouches in this class so far.
I don’t either, and I agree with other posters who point out that we need guys that are bought in and don’t have a lot of quit in them. These guys know the challenges and are willing to step up to the plate. I like it.

Scouting Report
“Clipper plays right tackle for his high school team and he does an excellent job in both run and pass blocking even though he's not completely dominant physically. The new Tennessee commit has light feet, he does a great job controlling defensive linemen once he gets his hands on them and he can move, target and hit people across the line as well. Clipper does a nice job controlling edge rushers but doesn't smash them into the ground like some of the elite offensive linemen in this class. That does not concern me, though, because in Josh Heupel's offense, speed, athleticism and movement will be more important than asserting your will physically."
-- Adam Gorney, National Recruiting Director for Rivals

How does Clipper fit in with the Vols?
Tennessee coaching staff's thoughts on Maurice Clipper are not equal to the Peach State lineman's rankings. The Vols, led by offensive line coach Glenn Elarbee, are extremely high on Clipper.
At 6-foot-4, 305 pounds, Tennessee is recruiting Clipper as an offensive tackle. The Vols believe that he's a good fit for what schemes they want to run up front.

What does a commitment from Clipper mean for the Vols?
Clipper's commitment could prove to be significant for the Vols when we look back on Tennessee's 2022 recruiting class years down the road. Many believe there's a strong chance Clipper out-plays his recruiting rank, which seems to be the theme of UT's o-line haul to this point.
It's unlikely Clipper will be a day one contributor, especially with Darnell Wright scheduled to be back in 2022 and likely having one of the tackle spots secured. Clipper could, however, make a play at the tackle spot opposite of Wright. Especially if redshirt sophomore Dayne Davis or junior college signee Jeremiah Crawford can't sure things up at left tackle with K'Rojhn Calbert departing following this year.

It's weird to read an assessment from a national guy that has such a grasp on our on the ground situation.

VN Store

Back