'22 GA OT Maurice Clipper Jr (Tennessee signee)

“I liked the campus, from what I saw,” said Clipper, who holds offers from more than 15 schools. “There was one statue of (Gen. Robert Neyland). That was impressive. They have one of the biggest stadiums, so that was cool to see in person, too.”

Tennessee’s spring game also gave Clipper a glimpse of the Vols’ uptempo offense under first-year coach Josh Heupel, and Clipper said he liked what he saw on the field. The two teams combined to score nearly 80 points during Saturday’s intrasquad scrimmage.

“I liked the pace of the offense,” he said. “I know they’ve got a new offense in, and I like that they ran a really fast-paced offense and the O-line finishes plays, finishes blocks well.”

Clipper said he has scheduled four official visits that he plans to take during the month of June, starting with a trip to Virginia Tech that’s reportedly set for the weekend of June 4. Tennessee is in line to host him on one of them.

“I don’t remember the dates, but I know I have officials set up with Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Maryland and Louisville right now,” he said.

When Clipper returns to Tennessee in less than two months, he said, he wants “to get, I guess, a full vibe of the school and the atmosphere of the campus.”

The Vols recently have been talking with him “a couple times a week,” he said, led by offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and Heupel himself. Clipper said Tennessee seems to like his “athleticism.”

“I think they’re recruiting me as a tackle,” he said. “They like my size, getting downfield and finishing blocks and stuff.”

Clipper said he has enjoyed getting to know Elarbee over the past couple months.

“Coach Elarbee, he’s a serious guy,” Clipper said. “We have a good relationship going. I like how he carries himself and stuff.”

With one of his teammates, McDonald, also having scheduled an official visit with the Vols in June, Clipper said the two of them at least have discussed the idea of attending the same school. He said it’s “a possibility” for them, but not necessarily a priority.

“I mean, we talk about it,” Clipper said, referring to McDonald. “But we’ll see.”
-Callahan

Where did you hear this
I talked to a college coach about several of our OL prospects. He said most heights on players are exaggerated.
The positive on OL prospects is that they are 17-18 years old. Many will continue to grow. That is why it is ideal to red shirt linemen, unless they are just already physically developed

Last edited:
I talked to a college coach about several of our OL prospects. He said most heights on players are exaggerated.
The positive on OL prospects is that they are 17-18 years old. Many will continue to grow. That is why it is ideal to red shirt linemen, unless they are just already physically developed
Ahh so no real info on Maurice,that's what I thought.

Reactions: VOLFAN_JD
Grant - .8577
Reddick - .8466
Clipper - .8577

Doesn't exactly make someone confident. Yes, I get that we have the next best thing in Elarbee, but I will wait before I say "He will coach them up"

Just gotta trust the staff...

Offensive line is so dependent on strength and conditioning and the position coach. Plus they have to fit your offensive scheme. Changing coaches every four years and OC every two years does extreme damage to oline play unless you are just bringing in 4 & 5 star prospects. This is the reason that over the last 15 years we have put several linemen into the NFL, but have had poor line play overall

Ty Simpson is 6'2". Here he is next to Saban:
Nick-Saban-and-Ty-Simpson.jpg

Now here is Mo Clipper next to Saban:
saban.jpg

I totally buy the 6'5" height, regardless of what your anonymous scout says.

Grant - .8577
Reddick - .8466
Clipper - .8577

Doesn't exactly make someone confident. Yes, I get that we have the next best thing in Elarbee, but I will wait before I say "He will coach them up"

Just gotta trust the staff...
Don’t worry about ratings this season….. impossible to be correct with no camps and limited interaction with the players.

UCF's lineman struck me as quick-twitch and very mobile.

I don't see that in Clipper. Seems like the type that would thrive as a road-grading OG in a power scheme.

I think UT/JH will power the hell outta the ball, but his lineman seem graceful when I watch UCF highlights.

UCF's lineman struck me as quick-twitch and very mobile.

I don't see that in Clipper. Seems like the type that would thrive as a road-grading OG in a power scheme.

I think UT/JH will power the hell outta the ball, but his lineman seem graceful when I watch UCF highlights.
It’s obvious that Heupel and Ellarbe value his feet differently than yourself. Have to go with them until you prove yourself.

VN Store

Back