'22 GA OT Dayne Shor (Alabama commit)

Not much out there on the young man but I’ll update the OP when the services create profiles for him.

An offensive lineman from Georgia is planning to make his first visit to Tennessee soon after getting a scholarship offer from the Vols. Class of 2022 offensive tackle Dayne Shor of Denmark High School in Alpharetta, Ga., told GoVols247 on Wednesday that he's scheduled to travel to Tennessee on March 7 to attend its next junior day.

On Wednesday, the Vols gave the 6-foot-6, 295-pound Shor his second SEC offer and his fourth offer overall. He admitted he was caught off guard by the news. “I was certainly shocked and it was very cool!” he said. “I was just calling them because I had some questions about camps and they offered me. It was pretty crazy because I didn’t see it coming. ‘Rocky Top’ is unbelievable, and even the running through the ‘T’ before games. Tennessee has some of the best traditions in college football.”

He said Tennessee offensive line coach Will Friend informed him of the offer, along with Tanner Antonutti, a former Vols offensive lineman who helps with Tennessee’s offensive line and tight ends. "I think the fact that they liked my film and my athleticism was a big part of it,” Shor said. “Just based off their evaluations, they think that I would be a good fit to their program.”

Shor landed his first offer in October from Georgia Tech, and Auburn extended his first SEC offer in November during his visit for the Tigers' home game against Samford. He also added an offer from TCU earlier this month. He's expected to be one of the top offensive linemen from the state of Georgia in the 2022 class, but he has yet to be rated by 247Sports and in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Auburn already has hosted him on multiple visits. He most recently attended the Tigers' final two games of the regular season, Nov. 23 against Samford and Nov. 30 against Alabama, and their latest junior day on Feb. 1. He attended junior days Jan. 18 at South Carolina and Jan. 25 at Georgia Tech. Shor also traveled to Virginia Tech and Florida State for games during the 2019 season.

FOUR-STAR OL DAYNE SHOR

Shor, a four-star offensive tackle from Alpharetta, Ga., who's now at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., said he received a message from Pruitt "at 12:01 a.m."

Tennessee offensive line coach Will Friendquickly followed up with a message to the 6-foot-6, 295-pound Shor, who received an offer from the Vols in late February and now holds offers from more than 20 schools.

He said Nebraska, South Carolina, Penn State, Georgia Tech, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina and Clemson were among the other schools that contact him shortly after midnight Tuesday morning.

Shor is ranked the No. 171 overall prospect and No. 19 offensive tackle in the 2022 class, according to the 247Sports Composite

- Callahan

VN Store

Back