'22 GA OT Dayne Shor (Alabama commit)

He is still the same player but due to a visit he drops a star? And people pay for that crap?
He was being sarcastic lol. Not due to a visit.

Sites do evaluations at different levels (season film eval, deeper evals, camp evals, etc.) during the offseason, but this season is even more unusual since some HSs played in the Spring. It appears he moved down on Rivals from 18th in GA to 39th in GA.

Just because you get an offer does not mean it is commitable and you are a take. That is why guys like Cam Miller are camping at Bama. Shor isn't a take at Auburn, Bama, Oklahoma, GT, and probably Oregon.
Once again, how do you know? You're guessing.

Just because you get an offer does not mean it is commitable and you are a take. That is why guys like Cam Miller are camping at Bama. Shor isn't a take at Auburn, Bama, Oklahoma, GT, and probably Oregon.

I did not say that all the offers were commitable. Maybe they are; maybe they aren't. I said it is a nice list. Why do you feel the need to say something negative? Some players have better offer lists than others. That's all.

I did not say that all the offers were commitable. Maybe they are; maybe they aren't. I said it is a nice list. Why do you feel the need to say something negative? Some players have better offer lists than others. That's all.
Not being negative, just saying how it is. Shor might not even be a top 10 OL on our board of realistic OL targets. We took Brian Grant, a player that has played football for 1 year as a DL over Shor. Shor is probably around 14th on our OL board at the moment

Once again, how do you know? You're guessing.
Auburn literally quit recruiting him per Shor. Bama and OU won't take him and GT message boards said they won't take him I heard. Oregon has a great coach who was a former OL coach and they could do better. I like the guy, really cool dude from my interaction with him but he probably won't be a take here and that is impressive to be honest that we are not taking him considering. This OL class is going to be really good and a big class

Auburn literally quit recruiting him per Shor. Bama and OU won't take him and GT message boards said they won't take him I heard. Oregon has a great coach who was a former OL coach and they could do better. I like the guy, really cool dude from my interaction with him but he probably won't be a take here and that is impressive to be honest that we are not taking him considering. This OL class is going to be really good and a big class

Well, all right. You might have said those specific things in the first place instead of the over broad statement that made a bad impression. Assuming you're not yanking me, thanks for the info.

“I’d definitely say it definitely helped their cause quite a bit. I loved it,” said Shor, who’s ranked the No. 377 overall prospect and No. 39 offensive tackle in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I’d never seen it. Obviously, me and my family, we go to Tennessee all the time. But I’d never seen the University of Tennessee until (last) weekend. The campus was nice. I really liked the facilities. The stadium is absolutely crazy. I love how it’s right on the Tennessee River. It’s pretty cool.”

The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Shor, who has received scholarship offers from at least 35 schools, said he was impressed by “pretty much the family environment there.” First-year Tennessee coach Josh Heupel’s staff has stayed in frequent contact with Shor, and he said the Vols’ coaches made a strong first impression on him throughout the visit.

“The family environment is real,” Shor said. “You can see it, how the coaches treat their families and how good of husbands they are. I really noticed that when I was there. They’re all awesome people.”

Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee spent plenty of time with Shor while he was on campus. Shor said one of the highlights of the visit was “sitting down with Coach Elarbee and watching film and seeing how he coaches and stuff.”

“He’s a really good guy,” Shor said. “You can tell that he genuinely, genuinely is going to care about you as a person. Me and him really kicked it off well.

“With Coach Elarbee, I got to sit down with him and see how he coaches and stuff. … They went over a little bit of my film, and then they went into their practice film and just showed me their UCF film, some NFL film. We were just going over techniques and talking ball, and he was just saying how he thinks I’ll be a great fit for their system, just because of how athletic I am and all that sort of stuff.”

Alec Abeln, a quality control analyst who works with the Vols’ offensive line, and Heupel also met with Shor during the visit. He said Tennessee is recruiting him to play tackle.

“The two guys I was with the most were Coach Elarbee and Coach Abes,” Shor said, referring to Abeln. “I did get to speak to Heupel a lot. Basically, they were just saying how good of a place it could be for me, and they were just trying to show me what they all had to offer and how that could be my home.”

Shor said Tennessee redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Parker Ball, a walk-on from Georgia, served as his player host for the weekend.
He said his parents “had a really good time” in Knoxville.

“My mom really clicked well with Coach Elarbee’s wife, and obviously my dad hit it off well with Coach Elarbee,” Shor said. “When we went out to dinner and stuff, I’d go with my player host, and they would have their parents social, so my parents were hanging out with Coach Elarbee and all them and his wife for, I think, a few hours. They really hit it off well, and they really liked it, for sure.”
-Callahan

I know it’s a point of contention for some on here, but I love the constant “family feel” comments from recruits. I don’t think we’ve ever really seen that (during the Kiffin through Pruitt years). Reminds me of Auburn during the Chizik and early Malzhan days when they seemed to be eating our lunch at times in recruiting.

We need this sort of vibe and buy in from recruits to turn our current situation around.

VN Store

Back