'24 GA OT Daniel Calhoun (Georgia commit)

“The visit went great. I had a really great time,” said Calhoun, who’s ranked the No. 55 overall prospect and No. 3 offensive tackle in the 2024 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I have already seen a lot of the university, so what stood out to me was just being back in Rocky Top.”

“This visit was about spending time with the coaches,” Calhoun said. “I asked to come on that day.

“I spent a lot of time with Coach Heupel. We were talking about football and life outside of football. Also, I beat him in a small game of putt-putt golf in his office, so we’re 1-1 on wins. (Offensive coordinator Joey) Halzle went over the offense and film. I also talked to Coach Elarbee and (the) assistant OL coaches on how I can play in their offense, and we went over film.”

“I really like Tennessee!” he said.

“I really like the tempo that they run,” Calhoun said. “They run a balanced offense.”

Looks like has some bad weight to work off. Should be able to take care of that year one. Has he said if staff likes him at guard or OT?

Locked in for an OV:

UGA June 2
Bama June 9
Vols June 16
Texas June 23

If I were advising Spyre here's where I'd allocate quite a bit of my "salary cap"

You do realize that the coaching staff directs Spyre on where to allocate. Spyre does not make decisions.

Looks like has some bad weight to work off. Should be able to take care of that year one. Has he said if staff likes him at guard or OT?
Haven't watched but usually anyone above 6'5 is locked in at OT. A lot of high school lineman have bad weight because coaches think any weight is good weight, especially at ESL haha. He's going to be at Walton this year so we'll see if they try to slim him down. Going to be playing premier talent there. Could potentially see him in the playoffs against Eddrick Houston of Buford. Can't wait to see him at Corky Kell against Grayson

Haven't watched but usually anyone above 6'5 is locked in at OT. A lot of high school lineman have bad weight because coaches think any weight is good weight, especially at ESL haha. He's going to be at Walton this year so we'll see if they try to slim him down. Going to be playing premier talent there. Could potentially see him in the playoffs against Eddrick Houston of Buford. Can't wait to see him at Corky Kell against Grayson
Trey Smith and Cade Mays both that height and when they played OT it was out of position. Two years ago I would agree with you, but we have way more OT bodies and can deploy talent where it's best.

4-star OT Daniel Calhoun
The buzz: The buzz is still around Alabama and Georgia for Daniel Calhoun, but there is a new school in the mix. Miami has entered the picture and the Hurricanes will likely be the school that receives Calhoun’s fifth official visit. The ACC program didn’t make his top 10, but have come on strong since. Meanwhile, Calhoun has locked in official visits to Tennessee and Texas and the Volunteers and Longhorns are pushing. Visits will factor into his decision, but heading into the spring, the Bulldogs and Crimson Tide are considered Calhoun’s top schools.

- Simmons

Uggh, Elarbee needs to land one of these elite tackles.

Daniel Calhoun (OV June 16th)
Kevin Heywood
Ethan Calloway
Marquis Easley (OV June 16th)
Jameson Riggs
Malachi Tolliver
Fletcher Westphal
Jesse Perry
Eagan Boyer
Nathaniel Roy
Mark Schroller
Justin Tauanuu
Josiah Thompson
Kison Shepherd

Daniel Calhoun (OV June 16th)
Kevin Heywood
Ethan Calloway
Marquis Easley (OV June 16th)
Jameson Riggs
Malachi Tolliver
Fletcher Westphal
Jesse Perry
Eagan Boyer
Nathaniel Roy
Mark Schroller
Justin Tauanuu
Josiah Thompson
Kison Shepherd

Not all those are the same level at all though.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Uggh, Elarbee needs to land one of these elite tackles.
His work on the recruiting trail has left a lot to be desired. Sure we landed Umarov, but that was more of a collective effort by the entire staff in landing him. We’ve whiffed on Mauigoa, Simmons, Formby, Pringle, the guy from Rhode Island and it’s not looking good for this guy either. Hopefully they can at least land Easley and some other solid guys

His work on the recruiting trail has left a lot to be desired. Sure we landed Umarov, but that was more of a collective effort by the entire staff in landing him. We’ve whiffed on Mauigoa, Simmons, Formby, Pringle, the guy from Rhode Island and it’s not looking good for this guy either. Hopefully they can at least land Easley and some other solid guys
We didn't whiff on the guy from Rhode Island. After seeing him in person, he wasn't a take for our coaches, but offensive line recruiting could definitely use a boost. Hopefully the new Asst OL coach is a beast in recruiting. We've offered a lot of 6'7-6'8 guys that are athletic, but not necessarily rated very high this cycle.

Pringle hasn’t signed yet. It’s not over for him. We had Mauigoa until Ruiz dropped a huge money bag. You are saying it’s not looking good for this kid based on what you are hearing in March? Give me a break man. Do you ever have anything good to say?

Reactions: drvenner
Pringle hasn’t signed yet. It’s not over for him. We had Mauigoa until Ruiz dropped a huge money bag. You are saying it’s not looking good for this kid based on what you are hearing in March? Give me a break man. Do you ever have anything good to say?
Didn't know this. Interesting... Can Pringle sign any time now that the deadline is passed? What's the word on why he hasn't?

VN Store

Back