'24 GA OT Daniel Calhoun (Georgia commit)

One of the nation's top offensive linemen in the 2024 class is ready to take his first look at Tennessee. Five-star offensive lineman Daniel Calhoun, a rising junior at Centennial High School in Roswell, Ga., told 247Sports' Blake Alderman that he's scheduled to visit the Vols this weekend.

The 6-foot-6, 350-pound Calhoun told GoVols247 that he doesn't know exactly when he will be at Tennessee this weekend, but he "probably" will be in attendance Sunday to participate in one of the Vols' camps. Former Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff gave him one of his first scholarship offers almost two years ago, in August 2020, and second-year coach Josh Heupel's staff reaffirmed Calhoun's previous offer from the Vols on May 13.

Calhoun said Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee is among the members of the Vols' staff who have been in contact with him.

"Coach is trying to get me down there to just see the facility and the campus," Calhoun said. "I've just heard a lot about (Tennessee). Some of my friends have told me about them."

Calhoun is rated a five-star prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, where he's ranked the No. 35 overall player and No. 1 offensive tackle in the 2024 class. According to 247Sports, he's a four-star prospect who's ranked the No. 77 overall player and No. 3 offensive tackle in the 2024 class.

He's coming off a visit to Florida on Saturday. In addition to his planned trip to Tennessee this weekend, he said he's scheduled to travel to Alabama the weekend of June 18.

At least a handful of major programs are staying in frequent contact with Calhoun.

"I would say Georgia, 'Bama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma are kind of the ones I really talk to the most," he told Alderman.

Calhoun told Alderman he's not rushing to decide on a college at this point, noting that he wants to pick a school next year before the start of his senior season.
-Callahan

From Rivals:

audy6by0uzxrw98bt4yl

DANIEL
CALHOUN

UNDECIDED
6'6" | 330 LBS | OT | 2024
CENTENNIAL
ROSWELL, GA

The 2024 five-star offensive lineman still seems in the early stages of his recruitment and getting to know programs so a visit to Tennessee this past weekend was another important step as he figures out favorites. What stood out most to the Roswell (Ga.) Centennial standout was the coaching staff in Knoxville and that’s going to be an important factor as Calhoun figures out favorites which currently consists of the Vols, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, “and more.”

Is Tennessee recruiting massive 6-6 350 pound OT Daniel Calhoun out of Centennial High School in Roswell,Georgia? It would be awesome to have a guy that huge playing OT for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back