'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

76BC390B-CE53-4A5A-9715-62208722C613.jpeg
Our staff to the UGhA staff. This boy is a Vol. That’s one of the most committal sounding commentary from Callahan I’ve heard in a long time. We all know he’s very hesitant to really give a heavy prediction until the commitment actually comes. Cannot wait til the pups lose their freaking mind over this. They’ve “led” in this recruitment the entire time if you ask them. HA

Well Mullen is a better coach than Smart for sure
Mullen is overrated. He is 2-22 against teams that finish with 9 wins or more. He’s an average recruiter and it’s difficult to scheme around talent in today’s game, unless you’re Joe Brady or Lincoln Riley I guess. Will be interesting to see if Leach can do it at MSU.

Last edited:
Mullen is overrated. He is 2-22 against teams that finish with 9 wins or more. He’s an average recruiter and it’s difficult to scheme around talent in today’s game, unless you’re Joe Brady or Lincoln Riley I guess. Will be interesting to see if Leach can do it at MSU.
Is that true? I saw he's 4-4 against those teams since at UF.

Or was that a stat from his MSU days?

Reactions: Catbone
Is that true? I saw he's 4-4 against those teams since at UF.

Or was that a stat from his MSU days?
The stat is for teams with more than 9 wins. I misquoted it by including 9. In 2018 he beat LSU and Michigan, he lost to UGA and Kentucky. In 2019 he beat auburn and an unranked Virginia, lost to LSU and UGA.

Not sure 4-4 against 9 win or more teams is that great at a school like Florida. Smart went 6-2 against those teams in 2017 alone. FWIW I think Pruitt is the bigger threat.

Last edited:
Anyone got the 247 article that’s behind the pay wall ?
“I’ll be going somewhere every weekend,” said Mims, who’s ranked the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 offensive tackle in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

“I’m going to visit Georgia, Auburn, ‘Bama and Tennessee again. I’m going to get Florida State in that last weekend (before Oct. 14).”

“I just feel like it’s an even game right now,” he said. “I’m just going to go visit my top five before I commit, and then I’m just going to decide from there where I feel comfortable.”

“Tennessee is just a great atmosphere,” he said. “I love it there.”

Mims said Tennessee sophomore quarterback Brian Maurer, sophomore linebacker Henry To’o To’o and sophomore offensive tackle Wanya Morris are among the players he has seen during his recent trips to Knoxville.

“Usually I hang with Wanya Morris,” Mims said.

“I mean, I feel like they’re slept on in my recruitment because everybody talks about Tennessee and Georgia,” Mims said. “But, I mean, nobody really talks about Auburn.

“Auburn, like I said, I’ve got that home feeling when I’m there. I’ve got a great relationship with all the coaches. (Offensive line) coach (Jack) Bicknell came and he made me feel important, so I’m definitely considering Auburn as one of my teams.”

Uh-Oh. Danger $ign$. Never undere$timate the power of Auburn to $woop in at the last $econd and $teal away a recruit for unknow rea$on$.
Cept when it doesn’t work...which has been in occurrence more and more often. Hell, it worked...then didn’t with Gooch.

Uh-Oh. Danger $ign$. Never undere$timate the power of Auburn to $woop in at the last $econd and $teal away a recruit for unknow rea$on$.
If the conference schools allow this to go on from year to year then what is the problem with it? This has been going on for several years and Alabama, Georgia, Florida, AND TENNESSEE never does anything about it.

VN Store

Back