'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Your exact wording was that we signed two five stars. Neither Calbert or Carvin was a 5 star. Carvin isn’t even a tackle and both of them are even older than Darnell and Wanya. I didn’t forget anyone, I’m just perplexed about your argument.
Argument is that any other coach can argue that Mims would have to wait to play even at UT. Someone brought up that bama signed two four stars last year and two five stars. The past two years so have we. Just bc they may be an ot on recruiting services doesn’t make it so. It’s honestly meant as a positive since that means UT has been recruiting great for Oline.

We signed two 5 stars two classes before Mims. Mims could slide into one of the G spots that Trey or Cade vacates after this year and then slide outside when Wanya or Darnell leave.

Edit: Got halfway to the kitchen when it dawned on me that I had typed the term “G spot” on Volnation. Sorry folks.....Braves pitching has caused me to lose my mind.
Help me out here. I am having trouble understanding the relationship of Braves’ pitching and the G spot.Are they having trouble finding the plate?

UGA is now behind the 8 ball with him..running in 3rd.
The only person on VN who could get away with posting a question mark and get 100 likes. lol

tenor.gif

Argument is that any other coach can argue that Mims would have to wait to play even at UT. Someone brought up that bama signed two four stars last year and two five stars. The past two years so have we. Just bc they may be an ot on recruiting services doesn’t make it so. It’s honestly meant as a positive since that means UT has been recruiting great for Oline.
He’s saying that the tackle group for Bama is packed for the next 3 years minimum, with three 4/5 star tackles in the 19 class, two 4 star tackles in the 20 class, and two 5 star tackles committed already in the 21 class. True tackles. They recruited elite with guards in those classes too.
Whereas at Tennessee, we got Wanya and Darnell 2 years ago. As far as elite offensive tackles, we have exactly zero that will be able to step in after Wanya and Darnell could both leave after their junior year. Mims would get immediate playing time at guard and tackle his freshman year, but wouldn’t have to start, which is how its supposed to be. At Bama, he’s got a chance to start in the 2022 season, but they have tackles that are absolutely as good as he is for the next 3 years on the roster

Homie...we signed two 5 stars TWO classes ago. He's talking about Bama's last class and this current one. We went a full year with zero tackles, and have only one project tackle in this class so far. Both Wanya and Darnell will be upperclassmen when Mims is a freshman with no tackles in between them.

We're the only school out of his finalists in that situation. Tennessee does not have the tackle depth that you keep repeating we do.

Last edited:
Homie...we signed two 5 stars TWO classes ago. He's talking about Bama's last class and this current one. We went a full year with zero tackles, and have only one project tackle in this class so far. Both Wanya and Darnell will be upperclassmen when Mims is a freshman with no tackles in between them.

We're the only school out of his finalists in that situation. Tennessee does not have the tackle depth that you keep repeating we do.
I mixed up the years. For some reason I had it in my head Darnell and Morris would be sophomores lol. My bad

Bama has 2 5* OL and 2 high 4*s. One is a C. Bama had only 16 commits. There is no way we should feel extremely confident with Mims.
I don’t think anyone feels extremely confident about him. Just comparing that in the 2019,20,21 classes, Bama signed/has committed four 5 star tackles and two 4 star tackles. Whereas we signed two 5 star tackles in 2019 and zero signed/committed since then. If he wants to play early Tennessee may have the quickest way to the field

I don’t think anyone feels extremely confident about him. Just comparing that in the 2019,20,21 classes, Bama signed/has committed four 5 star tackles and two 4 star tackles. Whereas we signed two 5 star tackles in 2019 and zero signed/committed since then. If he wants to play early Tennessee may have the quickest way to the field

Thank you for stating what others cant comprehend. It's amazing if you follow recruiting that our oline recruiting over bama, uga etc last 3 years is not even comparable. Just because we signed 2 5 stars doesn't make it suddenly deep like our rivals....thank you!!!!!

VN Store

Back