'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Tennessee should be way out front here but somehow again it’s Bama.

It’s almost in every OL thread Bama is the favorite
Do they even read the commits they already have?
I think we may lead here honestly, or at least tied for first. It may be us, then Bama. I'm hoping we get him. We didn't sign any OT's last cycle, while Bama has 2 this cycle thus far and signed 2 last cycle. We definitely should be the best opportunity for him.

Last edited:
Bama
Tennessee
Auburn
Georgia

mid they’re behind the 8 ball they’re outside looking in IMO
Yeah I modified my post. I was taking into account that we didn't sign any OTs last year and Bama signed 2 last year and have 2 thus far this year (obviously Mims is someone you make room for) but as been stated, we present the best opportunity for him.

I understand that but let’s not count or chickens just yet strange things happen in College football
I mean I know Alabama signed 2 4 stars but we signed two five stars. The argument can cut both ways. I agree with you that we shouldn’t count our chickens.

I mean I know Alabama signed 2 4 stars but we signed two five stars. The argument can cut both ways. I agree with you that we shouldn’t count our chickens.

We signed two 5 stars two classes before Mims. Mims could slide into one of the G spots that Trey or Cade vacates after this year and then slide outside when Wanya or Darnell leave.

Edit: Got halfway to the kitchen when it dawned on me that I had typed the term “G spot” on Volnation. Sorry folks.....Braves pitching has caused me to lose my mind.

We signed two 5 stars two classes before Mims. Mims could slide into one of the G spots that Trey or Cade vacates after this year and then slide outside when Wanya or Darnell leave.
You’re also forgetting Calbert and Carvin. That’s my point, Pruitt has turned our OL into a massive strength.

You’re also forgetting Calbert and Carvin. That’s my point, Pruitt has turned our OL into a massive strength.

Your exact wording was that we signed two five stars. Neither Calbert or Carvin was a 5 star. Carvin isn’t even a tackle and both of them are even older than Darnell and Wanya. I didn’t forget anyone, I’m just perplexed about your argument.

Your exact wording was that we signed two five stars. Neither Calbert or Carvin was a 5 star. Carvin isn’t even a tackle and both of them are even older than Darnell and Wanya. I didn’t forget anyone, I’m just perplexed about your argument.
This. If we land Mims, Parker, Smith and Orr this class, then in 2021 our o line looks like:
Interior linemen:
Lampley-rs So
Cooper-Soph
Carvin-Sr
Akporoghene-rs So
Lane-rs Jr
Spraggins- likely rs Fr
Robinson- likely rs Fr
Parker-Fr
OT
Wanya- Jr
Wright- Jr
Calbert- rs Sr
Mims- Fr
Orr- Fr
Smith-Fr

would be a perfect year for Mims to come in and learn the ropes. Freshman aren’t supposed to be relied on like that but we’ve been so depleted on the offensive line that we’re used to a savior like Trey or Wanya

VN Store

Back