'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Think not about past games, but about ones not played. -yoda. Maybe

You're more of a Tusken Raider than a Yoda.

tenor.gif

Would love for this to happen, but I just don’t see how we have much of a chance with elite prospects like this with the product we are putting on the field.
Yeah, this feels like the typical Rivals/247 eleventh hour clickbait to keep us interested when there is really no chance. It happens every year and generally never leads to any surprising news. I would expect that to be especially true this year based on our on-field results. We need to focus more on holding what we have than spending time pursuing kids we have no shot at, IMO.

Would love for this to happen, but I just don’t see how we have much of a chance with elite prospects like this with the product we are putting on the field.
I don’t think recruits care too much about what they see this season specifically due to the ridiculous situation the coaches have been put in. People seem to forget everyone in the conference except like 3 teams are struggling. Even Georgia has pretty major issues. Recruits are still looking heavily at LSU despite them being pretty bad. Auburn is unbelievably inconsistent. Mississippi State is worse than we are offensively, and Ole Miss couldn’t stop Tennessee Tech from dropping 50 if they played right now. South Carolina is also really bad.

Really the only teams succeeding are Alabama (as expected), Florida (because they had the most proven QB), Texas A&M and Arkansas (who’s playing the absolute hardest they can in a year where most I don’t think care too much.)

I don’t think recruits care too much about what they see this season specifically due to the ridiculous situation the coaches have been put in. People seem to forget everyone in the conference except like 3 teams are struggling. Even Georgia has pretty major issues. Recruits are still looking heavily at LSU despite them being pretty bad. Auburn is unbelievably inconsistent. Mississippi State is worse than we are offensively, and Ole Miss couldn’t stop Tennessee Tech from dropping 50 if they played right now. South Carolina is also really bad.

Really the only teams succeeding are Alabama (as expected), Florida (because they had the most proven QB), Texas A&M and Arkansas (who’s playing the absolute hardest they can in a year where most I don’t think care too much.)
I'm gonna be honest. That sounds a lot like wishful thinking, to me, even though I agree with a lot the framework. I just don't believe recruits "don't care". They do care and it will be used against Pruitt by other schools. Fan unrest and people calling for his head will be used against him, as well.

I'm gonna be honest. That sounds a lot like wishful thinking, to me, even though I agree with a lot the framework. I just don't believe recruits "don't care". They do care and it will be used against Pruitt by other schools. Fan unrest and people calling for his head will be used against him, as well.
It’ll also be used against Gus, Muschamp, Kirby, Ed O, Kiffin, Leach..

Yes.

The most common mistake a fan makes is failing to realize other teams are having just as many problems, if not more.

- Kiffin and Leach are both in their first years - low expectations
- Ed O won a ******* NC last year with one of the best teams in CFB history
- UGA is a perennial 10-win team loaded with Top 5 recruiting classes and a killer defense
- Even with the inexplicable bad seasons, Gus still has a great records against Bama

I'll give you Muschamp, but to say the other coaches/programs you mentioned are on the same footing as Pruitt/UT is delusional. In the end, winning cures all ills. But UT hasn't been doing a lot of that in the last 15 years.

Reactions: cncchris33
Yes.

The most common mistake a fan makes is failing to realize other teams are having just as many problems, if not more.
So, by that logic, Jeff Bezos losing his wallet with $1000 and the night janitor at the Amazon warehouse losing his wallet with $1000 in it are viewed similarly? Come on.

Kirby may be having problems, but his problems are completely backed by built-up collateral and tangible successes that far outweigh any on-field problems they currently have. Pruitt's problems are backed up by stubbornness to make changes and more problems. I can't believe that you'd try to say both situations are even close to equal based solely on the idea that both have problems.

VN Store

Back