'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Then put me on ignore if my posts bother you that much. I can promise you I do not care, my man. This is a message board where people go to express their takes/ opinions.

My take is John Schlarman does more with less. That is objectively true.
All I hear is whining and bloviating about your intellect that you know more than everyone in here and on staff. You can place me on ignore just as easily

Then put me on ignore if my posts bother you that much. I can promise you I do not care, my man. This is a message board where people go to express their takes/ opinions and whine incessantly.

My take is John Schlarman does more with less. That is objectively true.
fify...

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Poach Kentucky’s OL coach.

if he can get a bunch of 3 star kids to play like a top 5 line in the conference, imagine what he could do with Tennessee’s resources

Their OL has 3 4*s including 2 top-150 guys. Their LT was rated a 96 and is now a 5th yr senior.

Overall, they have THREE 5th year seniors and 2 juniors. That is 21 total years on the starting OL.

Given it's a develomental position, not sure how impressive or not that is. But it is certainly patient, not quite the kind of patience typically afforded to guys we want to recruit.

But maybe he's really good idk. Friend has a strong track record before coming here, let's see how the season plays out...

And his o-line will get crushed just as much as our o-line when they play UGA. I think we've got too many people jumping to conclusions. A lot of our o-linemen are still trying to catch up mentally and physically from missing a lot of practice from COVID/quarantine. Mizzou isn't a great team, but their run defense has looked pretty solid outside of the game against our o-line. There's a good chance our o-line handles every defense left on the schedule (including a solid performance against Bama) and gets better every week. Everyone can have their own take, but I want to see how they play on Saturday. They should absolutely handle Kentucky's front seven. You have to have a national championship level o-line to hold your own against UGA's front seven and our group isn't there right now.
I would switch with them in a heartbeat. KY has taken much less highly rated players and developed them into excellent linemen.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Donnan opted for the RB that fumbled at the goal line against GT over Lewis.

Did some research and you are correct. D*mn Jasper Sanks. What a flop. Figured Lewis chose y’all over us.

But Richt knew what he was doing when the first hire he made was Rodney Garner. Dude was money back then on the trail.

Their OL has 3 4*s including 2 top-150 guys. Their LT was rated a 96 and is now a 5th yr senior.

Overall, they have THREE 5th year seniors and 2 juniors. That is 21 total years on the starting OL.

Given it's a develomental position, not sure how impressive or not that is. But it is certainly patient, not quite the kind of patience typically afforded to guys we want to recruit.

But maybe he's really good idk. Friend has a strong track record before coming here, let's see how the season plays out...
When you break down our starting five, it blows that whole stupid nonsense out of the water..it isn't really hard to understand the struggle Saturday..

1. Trey...he is awesome, no coaching malpractice there.

2. Cade Mays..transfer who barely got to practice our playbook because of coronanoia.

3. Kennedy..10th year injury prone senior with no knees.

4. Wanya Morris...Talented true soph who missed most all of practice.

5. Darnell Wright...talented true soph who missed most all of practice.

Playing against an all AA front seven that runs blue chip 2-3 deep...and best of all..almost none of them missed much fall practice because UGA didn't give a dern about stupid BS like contact tracing.

Not that hard to understand really. Our OL is only going to get better overall the next two years even after Trey is gone and Kennedy is finally done...because I didn't even mention the several other talented but raw true frosh and sophomore OLs waiting their turn...plus Carvin.

And we really needed Jahmir last week.

Last edited:
Did some research and you are correct. D*mn Jasper Sanks. What a flop. Figured Lewis chose y’all over us.

But Richt knew what he was doing when the first hire he made was Rodney Garner. Dude was money back then on the trail.

Your still a little off. Donnan was the one who hired Garner from Tennessee after he pulled Lewis, Deon Grant, and Cosey Coleman from Georgia. Richt was smart in keeping him on his staff.

Reactions: VolOld
Your still a little off. Donnan was the one who hired Garner from Tennessee after he pulled Lewis, Deon Grant, and Cosey Coleman from Georgia. Richt was smart in keeping him on his staff.

I realize that. Just saying that was Richt’s first official hire. Richt didn’t keep hardly anyone from Donnan’s staff.

I posted over a month ago that Georgia was going to make a serious run at the #1 class. And got destroyed for saying it. Only hope is that a meteor hits the field Saturday and takes out both teams
You seem to have held up well. Able to digest solid food again?

Poach Kentucky’s OL coach.

if he can get a bunch of 3 star kids to play like a top 5 line in the conference, imagine what he could do with Tennessee’s resources
I’m not amongst the horde screaming ABF, but you’ve actually put up a NAME! Color me intrigued.

Well when you take a step back it’s hard to not be optimistic.

3 seasons ago we were 0-8 in the SEC.

Look where we are now. How can you not be optimistic?

We’re still not competitive against UF, Bama, & Georgia. If we want to compete for a conference title, we have to beat those teams.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
We’re still not competitive against UF, Bama, & Georgia. If we want to compete for a conference title, we have to beat those teams.
Yeah it’s not like you can just flip a switch and it all changes, bud. It takes work & patience & sometimes a lucky break. Apparently it’s something you don’t know much about.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah it’s not like you can just flip a switch and it all changes, bud. It takes work & patience & sometimes a lucky break. Apparently it’s something you don’t know much about.
I agree with most of this, the issue is our expectations and the expectations our admin has set. We must accept that for the foreseeable future, at least 5 to 8 years the best we can hope for is to get lucky and beat one of the big three once every couple of years. The only way that scenario doesn't play out for us is if there is some monumental collapse of one of those programs. Otherwise it's going to be slow and deliberate.

Did you seriously expect to be competitive with 2 of the top 5 programs in America, 2 yrs and 3 games removed from the worst season in 120 yrs? That's on you, dude.

VN Store

Back