'21 GA OT Amarius Mims (Georgia commit)

Its not being a jerk when you get tired of listening to all the crying and whining. Sack up and keep moving. Moaning about it constantly does no one any good. Keep recruiting elite talent to the best of your ability and if you miss, you miss. I hate the way this place sounds after a loss. It’s borderline insane
Take your own advice, sack up and deal with it.... Or don't. But don't pretend you get to tell people how to feel or express themselves chief.

Last edited:
Been livid since the 2nd half. Then finding out after we magically aren’t doing well with Mims, Green, TID, Mondon anymore. Yeah I’m angry because we are getting Charles, a no star gem.

I feel better
We will continue to be told. "This staff can 'cruit.'" "Next year we will have a top 5 class." "These are 5 star gems." "Half of our class should be ranked higher." Blah blah blah.

I like Pruitt but the lack of recruiting success, coupled with his lack of willingness to try something outside his comfort zone will be the death of him.

It was never going to be straight to the top. It was always gonna be a multi-phase rebuild where we first started beating the teams we should, and then we start recruiting better. A major hindrance to getting back to the top is impatience by noisy fans who poison the well. Always hope for more, but learn to be content with what you have. Winning 8 or 9 games a year is a heck of a lot better than losing that many.

I'm not sure Pruitt can't be successful in time, I think we have to be realistic about what success is. Success for this program is a win over one of the big three every couple of years. I'll get roasted for saying that but it's the truth.

Our record over the last 20 years to our rivals tells the story.

Reactions: Scottt5
Take your own advice, sack up and deal with it.... Or don't. But don't pretend you get to tell people how to feel or express themselves chief.
I totally agree and I do practice what I’m saying. I’m not gonna stand for the ones that just spin out of control and live in misery, tho. That’s all, but I ain’t about that life of telling everyone how to live. I’m prone to have a hell of a temper

I totally agree and I do practice what I’m saying. I’m not gonna stand for the ones that just spin out of control and live in misery, tho. That’s all, but I ain’t about that life of telling everyone how to live. I’m prone to have a hell of a temper
People get excited about the future then come crashing back to reality. We truly are a hopeful fan base, none more loyal. But we aren't going to compete for championships any time soon, soon meaning the next 5 to 10 years. I'd be shocked if we truly compete for the east in the next 5 years. It is what it is and it isn't likely to change in the next few years.

People get excited about the future then come crashing back to reality. We truly are a hopeful fan base, none more loyal. But we aren't going to compete for championships any time soon, soon meaning the next 5 to 10 years. I'd be shocked if we truly compete for the east in the next 5 years. It is what it is and it isn't likely to change in the next few years.
Even while I disagree with you, I still can be civil and chill the with you. That’s the good part of the msg board. Others typically misuse it to be douche nozzles.

Even while I disagree with you, I still can be civil and chill the with you. That’s the good part of the msg board. Others typically misuse it to be douche nozzles.
Absolutely, and we could get lucky, but you don't flip rosters quickly enough we are going to have to chip away and hope someone else collapses enough to give us an opening. Typically the way these things work is one coach lays the groundwork until he can no longer advance the team or leaves.

The question is will Pruitt be the guy. He's got us headed in the right direction but he needs to learn a few things before he can become a very good coach. I'm booking to see some positive turnover on this staff next year. And add a solid S&C coach. That would be a good indication we are taking the right steps.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Absolutely, and we could get lucky, but you don't flip rosters quickly enough we are going to have to chip away and hope someone else collapses enough to give us an opening. Typically the way these things work is one coach lays the groundwork until he can no longer advance the team or leaves.

The question is will Pruitt be the guy. He's got us headed in the right direction but he needs to learn a few things before he can become a very good coach. I'm booking to see some positive turnover on this staff next year. And add a solid S&C coach. That would be a good indication we are taking the right steps.
We very well could see quite a few of those things take place this next season. There’s been a lot of mitigating factors playing against everyone so I think this year is just wild in so many ways. I tend to lean towards he’s the guy and he’s doing the right way. It’s just a process that takes patience but the results on the field definitely have to be present to make that all work

Reactions: gainesvol82
It was never going to be straight to the top. It was always gonna be a multi-phase rebuild where we first started beating the teams we should, and then we start recruiting better. A major hindrance to getting back to the top is impatience by noisy fans who poison the well. Always hope for more, but learn to be content with what you have. Winning 8 or 9 games a year is a heck of a lot better than losing that many.

It’s a bit of a catch 22. Got to win some to draw the recruits, but got to recruit to win.

The D is finding a way to play over its head. It’s no accident then that recruiting this year on The defensive side looks quite a bit better than recruiting on the offensive side. O is gonna have to find a way to play over its head in some of these big games too, or we will continue to have a ceiling in recruiting.

I posted over a month ago that Georgia was going to make a serious run at the #1 class. And got destroyed for saying it. Only hope is that a meteor hits the field Saturday and takes out both teams
Georgia should have the number 1 class each year. Them or Florida, or Miami. Don’t act like your some football Svengali

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I agree. If the final score had been closer we may have had a chance IMO. 23 points , No chance. Pruitt decisions on JG may hurt recruiting ultimately.

I agree could definitely. I had been saying for while he was dawg. Not sure win would have changed that but way we lost definitely in my opinion locked in the dawgs for his choice

Mims was going to be a tough haul to get him out of Georgia. Lots of UGA momentum and fan excitement here. Can’t win them all. Best of luck to the kid. We wanted him and if it doesn’t work out, would love to have him.

VN Store

Back